• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

aneeling brass for 30-338

3   0
Reaction score
any recommendations on brass for 30-338 that i wont have to aneel? just curious if any wildcaters have had better luck with a resize on different brass. only using Win. brass so far. shoots awesome with 150 sierra sp. but i want to cut out the aneeling process if possible. the necks seem to stretch more with the softened brass. (hence eleminating it) so i can reload the brass for a couple more shots. thanks.

oh yea, i failed to mention im renecking .338 brass. not 7mm

I have necked down before and not had to anneal, I have a wildcat being built right now and trying to decide/figure out if I am going to have to anneal

Its not really THAT big a deal, but i would like to eliminate it... what cal are you having built? what frame? (good hunting in madison and monroe.. ive taken deer in both)

Currently I am having a 338-06 Ackley Improved being built on a remington 700, my other wildcat is a 257 Roberts Ackley Improved built on a Santa Barbara action.

When I owned my Whelen I use to neck up Federal 30-06 and never had an issue with the brass. I probably would not have annealed anyway due to the amount of Federal brass out there for pickups.

Back
Top Bottom