• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another cheap ($550) 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags

I tried to run another 2 33rd stick mags and was getting some fail to feed and double feed. They are the cheap Korean mags so I swapped out to my g17 17rd mag and still had one fail to feed. I am 428 rounds in. I still like the rifle and am trying to work out the bugs, I don't condemn anything until I have put 1000 rounds threw it for break in. It is loosening up a little which is a good thing. The next 572 rounds will be with factory 17rd glock mags.

20150226_092458.jpg
I am going to run some factory federal fmj and I just loaded some 125gr.hollow points I loaded these hot. I want to see if it will cycle my everyday carry ammo which is these that I loaded.

It blew threw the hollow points with out any problems. I had one fail to reset with the factory fmj which was the first mag threw of the two. I then picked up 17 live rou ds off of the ground from last night's shooting that were fail or double to feeds and loaded the in a 17 round glock mag. A mix of brown bear my 124gr cast reloads and fmj reloads. They were all frozen and wet and covered in snow and it ate everyone with out issue. I feel like now that I got away from double feeding from Korean mags and polished the fcg, it's getting far more smooth and having less and less issue so after full break in I am hopping it will be 100%.

The only issue I have with mine is the occasional fail to feed which I believe is due to the lack of a feed ramp and them instead using a feed bar. All but the factory mags I used were factory glock 17,18,19 mags. Didn't have any issues till I tried to mag dump the 33rnd mags.

Last edited:
The only issue I have with mine is the occasional fail to feed which I believe is due to the lack of a feed ramp and them instead using a feed bar. All but the factory mags I used were factory glock 17,18,19 mags. Didn't have any issues till I tried to mag dump the 33rnd mags.

Yea I have got it to run a few 33rd. mags with no problems. I am going to polish the feed bar and see if results improve. But like I said earlier the major problem with the hammer being stuck in the furthest rear position the only other things were double feed (****ty mags) and fail to feeds. The more I shoot it the better it seems to be getting.

The only issue I have with mine is the occasional fail to feed which I believe is due to the lack of a feed ramp and them instead using a feed bar.
yeah, quality mags make a diff. Like I said my only issues were Fail to Feed. Granted I only shot about 200 rnds.

Back
Top Bottom