• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another cheap ($550) 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags

I am having tons of feeding issues with this rifle as in fail to feed. Also i have had quite a few fail to re-set (stripped a new round but did not set the trigger) and the big problem was the hammer got stuck in the furthest rear point and would not budge. I couldnt pull or wiggle the trigger or hammer to become un-stuck from the dis connector. I had to remove the fire control group and re-install it, to gain the use of the trigger. Also none of the mags drop free like they are supposed to. This leads me to think my lower is not in spec.The mags I am using are factory Glock 17 mags. The KCI mag that came with the carbine is a double feeding nightmare unable to get more then one round to go off without causing an issue. ( I just picked the rifle up yesterday 2/25/15 from being transferred into my local gun shop new from Centerfiresystems)

Also the manual that came with it was comically bad. There was no recommended ammo for it or recommended bullet weight. A proper manual gives these specs. Or give real operating instruction and cleaning instruction. That not particularly a problem for me but if you have a customer new to firearms that could pose an issue for them.

I did not receive a warranty card to mail into your company, so that my rifle is covered, I feel I will need to use the warranty. Which leads me into this question what all is covered under warranty and for how long is it covered? The manual fails to mention that as well.

If you could get back with me as soon as you can I would really appreciate it. While the context of this email sounds rude and hostile it is not ment to be. I would really just like to get a fix or some resolve.

Thanks for your time,

Travis,

678-943-3863

This is the Email I just sent them. So lets see what that say

I'm going to be interested in the response. because in other correspondence I've seen Mag tactical was very hands off and just said that they were contracted to build it by some equity firm and such. Thats why there not anything about it on Mag Tactical's page...

I am having tons of feeding issues with this rifle as in fail to feed. Also i have had quite a few fail to re-set (stripped a new round but did not set the trigger) and the big problem was the hammer got stuck in the furthest rear point and would not budge. I couldnt pull or wiggle the trigger or hammer to become un-stuck from the dis connector. I had to remove the fire control group and re-install it, to gain the use of the trigger. Also none of the mags drop free like they are supposed to. This leads me to think my lower is not in spec.The mags I am using are factory Glock 17 mags. The KCI mag that came with the carbine is a double feeding nightmare unable to get more then one round to go off without causing an issue. ( I just picked the rifle up yesterday 2/25/15 from being transferred into my local gun shop new from Centerfiresystems)

Also the manual that came with it was comically bad. There was no recommended ammo for it or recommended bullet weight. A proper manual gives these specs. Or give real operating instruction and cleaning instruction. That not particularly a problem for me but if you have a customer new to firearms that could pose an issue for them.

I did not receive a warranty card to mail into your company, so that my rifle is covered, I feel I will need to use the warranty. Which leads me into this question what all is covered under warranty and for how long is it covered? The manual fails to mention that as well.

If you could get back with me as soon as you can I would really appreciate it. While the context of this email sounds rude and hostile it is not ment to be. I would really just like to get a fix or some resolve.

Thanks for your time,

Travis,

678-943-3863

I'd say you've given that rifle plenty of chances to get right. I'm curious on their response. Keep us posted.

I'm going to be interested in the response. because in other correspondence I've seen Mag tactical was very hands off and just said that they were contracted to build it by some equity firm and such. Thats why there not anything about it on Mag Tactical's page...
Yeah, I emailed them asking them about the rifle as well and they told me to contact the same firm mentioned.

Thanks for your time,

Travis,

678-943-3863

Did you send the email to Clearview Investments? They are the ones who will handle the warranty issues I believe. Mag Tactical is the company who built it for them.

Did you send the email to Clearview Investments? They are the ones who will handle the warranty issues I believe. Mag Tactical is the company who built it for them.

No I did not, I didnt know until now that it was a contract build. There was literally ZERO info that came with the rifle when I get home I will show you guys the manual.

How ever I do still hold high hopes for the rifle I will play with it some more and do my best to get it running right at 100%

Last edited:
No I did not, I didnt know until now that it was a contract build. There was literally ZERO info that came with the rifle when I get home I will show you guys the manual.

There should be some info in the paperwork about Clearview Investments. If not Mag Tactical should give you the info. Although since they will be the one servicing it, hopefully they'll just cut out the middle man and take care of it for you. On this thread on arfcom someone spoke to a Dave at Clearview Investments.

I am sorry for the issues you are having but I applaud your actions of making them public and giving the company a chance to make it right.

I could very well have been in the market for one of these rifles but at this point I am going to hold off.

Hope they take care of you!

could one of you guys post a pic of the feed bar you all are referencing?
20150226_144722.jpg

Back
Top Bottom