• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another reason why you should know the laws before you use your gun....

Ha, I meant the shooter's.
Since it seems he shot the guy "inappropriately".
I'd ask a respected minister to testify if there was a trial perhaps.

Who's to say since you were tied up that he wouldn't come back to harm you when you were defenseless?

That's where that pesky word "reasonableness" comes into play....

If its considered "reasonable" you're the hero.
If not you go to jail.
If there is doubt, you spend a fortune in legal bills & have your fate resting in the fate of people not smart enough to get out of jury duty.... (kidding, sort of).

The attorney made a statement that helps define the view from a legal standpoint.
He said, "It's not enough that you were threatened at some point & went out to seek vengeance but you have to be threatened at the moment when you use lethal force".

That is pretty much the same in many southern jurisdictions including Ga.

The term "prevent a forceable felony" means that ifbyou can prevent it from happening. Not after the fact, then it would simply be vengeance.

Why do you assume he didn't know the law? :confused:

I'm trying to imagine walking into my home and finding a family member tied up at gun point. The suspect then flees. I guess at that point I have two options.
1) "It's OK honey/son, let me untie you. The bad man is gone. I'll get on the phone now to call the real estate agent and a therapist.
or
2) Sling every grain of lead at him/them I can get my hands on as long as I can see them.

I get your point but there is no way I'm letting an armed felon who broke into my home leave unscathed if I can help it.
Can someone tell ME what Georgia Law is on this situation ?

Back
Top Bottom