• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Ruger Mark IV Problem - Update

Dec 11th - I got an email from Ruger. They want to replace the pistol. I have got to discuss the issue with them. I have a high $ Volquartsen trigger and a Tandemkross halo bolt charger installed. That is about $160 and my time. Maybe I can just keep the lower and they can send me the charger back.

Impressive from a company that has no written warranty. I've yet to try out the customer service myself and hope I don't have to. Love my SP101, GP100. and 182 mini 14. And I REALLY want a mark iv standard. Really dont want to buy a problem either though. Only problem o have with ruger is their "brushed stainless" finish is more like freshly ground and unfinished... I hand polished both revolvers to actual brushed stainless... New mini 14 was the same way. Didn't keep that one. Its no better than the old one except for the scope mounts

My new Ruger Mark IV Hunter should arrive Monday 12/18/17. They said they will ship all non-Ruger parts back in a bag with the gun. It will be interesting to see if they have installed a different style firing pin. If they haven't, I will. That Volquartsen accurizing kit was kind of a pain to install. I am not looking forward to doing that again.

I own 7 Rugers. I had a black lcs9 that I enjoyed and never had a problem with it. Decided I wanted one of the lc9s that was factory coated brown and tan. Bought it last month. Two days ago I took it outside to break it in. Chambered a round and it started about 1/4 way in the barrell and stopped. Same result after several attempts. Three different 115 Fmj from several companies. Same thing with the other mag. The ejector Is driving the round forward. The case of the bullet is not even touching the bolt face. I have no idea how they test fired this pistol. Waiting on response from Ruger to send it back

From the Ruger Instruction Manual:
IMG_20171217_103206.jpg
.......... Just curious, were you using any type of snap caps?

I got the new Mark IV today. I took it apart just to see. The new pistol has the same style firing pen as the last. I was surprised. I just got finished reinstalling the Volquartsen accurizing kit. That was a pain - again. I guess I will go with either a Volquartsen or a Tandemkross firing pen. Say what you want about Ruger firearms, but I would take exception to any negative comments about their service department.

Back
Top Bottom