• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(Another) suppressor advice thread

I’m in the process of getting a SilencerCo Omega 7.62 right now. From the research I have gathered this is one of the best all around rifle cans on the market right now. Apparently some folks are less than impressed with the ASR mount, but I have read more good than bad. There are also some third party mount options for it as well. I believe they make a YHM mount for it, which is supposedly what the internet has crowned as “the best”

To me weight is very important, especially when attached to the muzzle end. The omega is one of the lightest on the market, spare a few aluminum options.

I have both TBAC and SiCo. TBAC is known for long range accuracy and quietness. My Ultra 9 is super quiet. The Omega is a great can for its length even though the Ultra 9 is longer and lighter. Go to YouTube and check out Fulliautomatix video from the metering day last year. I brought both the Ultra 9 and Omega seen on those vids and the Omega isn't that far behind in decibels. I think for your needs you should go with the Omega since you want versatility. Even though TBAC will let me send my DT Ultra 9 back and convert it to a QD model.

Thanks for all the input guys. Sounds like if I go with any of the mention above I wont be disappointed.

I'll do a little more reading and then take the plunge.

We have some 6.5 TBAC's in stock if you are looking for one.

For straight bolt gun use on a 6.5C that is what I would get. For more versatile use, we have tons of other options.

Back
Top Bottom