• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anxiety

I used to suffer from anxiety and had panic attacks to the point that I couldn't function in society. (That's how I got the nickname).
Oddly it's when things where going well that I'd have the worse reactions. Under duress or SHTF I'm your guy but I couldn't deal with the mundane strains of daily life.
Since my life went completely to **** and I've pretty much lost all hope I feel much better.
I know that's not really helpful but it's the truth. Whatever will be will be and we can have very little effect on the outcome. Don't sweat the small stuff and the big stuff is beyond our control.

First, find out if it psychological or brain chemistry. Much of it is actually brain chemistry and has little to do with the
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

way you think or what's happening in your life. The good news is that it can very effectively be treated with medication. Get it right and it just brings you back to normal.

Not at easy road. Kick **** out of the negative, stick to a daily routine, exercise, good partner, stop taking on extra, realization you are going to live with the issue and make it work for you. **** the long term meds.

6821B22D-E50B-42D8-8C38-7DE8858F4674.jpeg

Honestly I medicated it for years. Seemed the more meds I took the worse it got. One day I was talking to my doctor and I asked if I could just come off all of it and with their help overtime I did. I feel better than I have in a long time. I deal with things as they come and try to not think about the rest. I know what I can and cant do and have accepted that. I know my triggers and try to avoid them. I drive rather than riding with others. I cant fly or go on a cruise. I limit my time in crowds. I've come to the conclusion I simply work at my job and will be here until something else comes along. I don't take it home with me and I have adopted an it is what it is attitude with most things in life. I realized I don't matter as much as I thought I did and honestly it was a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom