• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any advice dealing on Armslist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sold and bought off Armslist

If they want it shipped,I have them send a USPS money order to my local shop first. Use common sense and it should be okay

I bought a rifle from a guy in Washington State. He sent me a copy of his DL and two state carry permits. I was able to do some leg work and find out if he truly did exist. I can't say I felt great about sending a USPS money order across the country, but I did the deal. He sent me tracking info as soon as the MO arrived and soon after my FFL gave me a call. It's my go to hunting rifle.

I bought a couple handguns from armslist back several years ago before I knew about ODT. They worked out fine for me but there was a bunch of fake ads on there also. I think you can tell in about 60 seconds on the phone if someone is OK or not.

I found a great deal on a gun on armslist. It is very far away across state lines.

I may have an uneasy feeling but would like to make a play. Anyone ever done a deal through armslist? Any experience will be helpful. I have a friend traveling to his town next week.

Thanks in advance
I've done lots of Armslist deals over the years. You can usually get a good feel for the seller by how giving they are off their information like phone number and email and such. Let me know if I can help!

If it is a Polytech Legend for $1,000 it is a scam. If they use as their location Georgia, Georgia it is also a scam. Just use common sense.

I was going to say this. If they don't list an actual city, it's most likely a scam. I don't even look at the ad if it doesn't list a city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom