• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any advice dealing on Armslist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a NIB Hi Standard M104 Trophy with all the goodies for $425. Figured it was a scam but hey, for $425? I took the chance. Glad I did. Man inherited the Trophy but wanted a S&W M&P instead. You never know.

Just bad experience for me... won't use it again.
I don't
I did one Armslist deal backing 14 when we lived in middle GA. A guy had a Bersa 380 for $175.00 so I messaged him right away. He said meet him at Walmart in Warner Robins. So I got there early and called him. But he meant to say Walgreen's right up the street. Then I got headed that way and he messaged and said he meant Wendy's between the two places. I got there and he was using the wifi on a Chromebook he tried to sell me. Then we went out and he handed me the Bersa LOADED. He was supposed to have another mag and more ammo but didn't. I gave him the $175.00 and letter as fast as possible. He was just an old?D Yankee drunk with a fresh DUI to pay for. Not my problem.

Moral of the story is I got a good deal but it was more trouble than it was worth.

I found a great deal on a gun on armslist. It is very far away across state lines.

I may have an uneasy feeling but would like to make a play. Anyone ever done a deal through armslist? Any experience will be helpful. I have a friend traveling to his town next week.

Thanks in advance

I used them once with a Fireman who wanted some accessories that I had, but outside of that Armslist is just a better Craiglist, plus those weapons are over-PRICED.

I don't
I did one Armslist deal backing 14 when we lived in middle GA. A guy had a Bersa 380 for $175.00 so I messaged him right away. He said meet him at Walmart in Warner Robins. So I got there early and called him. But he meant to say Walgreen's right up the street. Then I got headed that way and he messaged and said he meant Wendy's between the two places. I got there and he was using the wifi on a Chromebook he tried to sell me. Then we went out and he handed me the Bersa LOADED. He was supposed to have another mag and more ammo but didn't. I gave him the $175.00 and letter as fast as possible. He was just an old?D Yankee drunk with a fresh DUI to pay for. Not my problem.

Moral of the story is I got a good deal but it was more trouble than it was worth.

I've heard too many stories like this about Armslist .

So I filed it in the crapper with Craiglist !

I used armslist for about a month. I bought one gun (1911) on there from a fairly nice but odd fella, the gun was a good deal but the guy who sold it to me was strange. Then I posted one on there and had a lot of bogus replies and one guy offered to buy it at full price, day of meet he sends me a text and says he never had the money but had a Taurus tcp .380 and 100 cash for the pistol I had posted. I ended up telling him to POAR and haven't even gone to the site since. This place is way better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom