• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Bicyclists in the house? Road? Mountain? Hybrid?

Getting back on the trails for the first time in many years.

Haven’t done much trail riding since moving here. Anyone know some trails on the east side that would be friendly for a beginner female or maybe a kid hitting the trails for the first time?

View attachment 1558085 View attachment 1558084

X2 on Yellow River. There is some harder stuff there if you like and there is plenty of easy stuff. I take my crew over there.
A1109621-5B3F-4723-90EE-21ABB94F362C.jpeg

Why do y’all always ride on the busiest highways ?

I used to work in sandy springs and the spandex crowd always rode their bikes , usually two and three wide on Mt Vernon Hwy inside the perimeter

That’s the main road in that area
Thousands of cars and trucks an hour

Here are many many sideroads branching off of Mt Vernon that have virtually zero traffic , but never seen a cyclist on any of the side roads with no traffic

It’s like they want to be a hazard and possibly get run over
And that is more important to them than the exercise

Oh and they never ever obey the stop signs or traffic lights and never ride single file

I do like the silver comet though

I have asthma and can’t do any hills
Plus when the offspring was young we could go ride and not worry about them getting hit by a car

We’d just turn em loose and let em ride
And have em wait for us at the next highway crossing

I live out in a hilly area
I have no respect for bicyclist riding in the middle of the lane, up or down hill, curve, or flat straight road
always a problem when there's more than 2, they ride in the whole lane and don't move for vehicles behind them

The bike rules posters on this thread remind me of gun grabbers. Please please let’s keep this to biking and not rules that are readily available for consumption

felt.jpg
I am a Bicyclist. I ride all over the dang place in East Cobb and Roswell - I dig the River and all the roads and trails down there.

What do you all ride?

I am a Trek rider - I have a nice roadie 2.1 Trek and a 7.2 FX for trucking stuff.

How bout yall?

( please not too much hate - I ride for health plus its fun. )

My dad lives in vinings which is a mecca for club riders.
They ride faster than my dads old mercedes will go & he complains they are in his way.
Brother in law owns bike shop on chattahoochee blvd., best prices anywhere.
I carry & yes wear the spandex to go fast like ricky bobby.
Pic of my fav bike

riding a bike on the road is a calculated risk; if I find a group rides on a route (& time) that is too dangerous, it'll be my 1st and last ride ;-) but bikes are allowed to ride 2 riders wide and to take the WHOLE lane if they deem it too dangerous to allow a car to try to pass, that is the law. of course most drivers don't know that.

Why do y’all always ride on the busiest highways ?

I used to work in sandy springs and the spandex crowd always rode their bikes , usually two and three wide on Mt Vernon Hwy inside the perimeter

Back
Top Bottom