• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any help near Homer?

Man we heard deer making that kind of mooing noise all through the woods, but we got lost on the way to the stand and never found it. Wither way it was nice just to out in the woods. Used my new Vortex diamondback 3.5x10x50 and compared it to a Nickon prost 3x9x40 ff 3, it really let the light in. Yea if anyone else has some pointers for a beginner let me know. A nice river runs through the land and we had hoped to see some wildlife along it but no luck.

Went over the hill today, turns out that mooing was actual mooing :( cow field. Also another hunter showed up on the adjacent property line. He took a look at me via his scope, is that kosher to spot another hunter with your rifle, it scared me a little

Went over the hill today, turns out that mooing was actual mooing :( cow field. Also another hunter showed up on the adjacent property line. He took a look at me via his scope, is that kosher to spot another hunter with your rifle, it scared me a little

F no it ain't kosher. Someone scopes me, they are liable to get a .300 win mag rd to the chest.

Hang the deer by the neck and put a bucket or trash bag under it or let things fall where they may. Slit its throat to the spine severing the esoughogas. Cut a circle around the asshole. Lightly avoiding the internal organs especially the guts cut the "skin" from the bottom of the rib cage to the pecker area. Tear it open and then shove your hand up inside until you feel the point where the esoughogus is slit. Grab it then pull down everything will fall out.

That pretty f'd up.

Went over the hill today, turns out that mooing was actual mooing :( cow field. Also another hunter showed up on the adjacent property line. He took a look at me via his scope, is that kosher to spot another hunter with your rifle , it scared me a little

Hell no its not!!!

Walked back after no luck for over 3.5 hours and there was a minimum of 5 hunters in the square mile, but it was nice being way in the air in a rickity ply wood deer stand getting to spend time in the quiet fresh air. After that guy pointed his gun at me a few times and left, I saw a small black dot at the top of the hill about 1000rds away, zoomed in and it was a cowboy hate and a scope looking right at me, apparently people were really trying to kill me today.

Walked back after no luck for over 3.5 hours and there was a minimum of 5 hunters in the square mile, but it was nice being way in the air in a rickity ply wood deer stand getting to spend time in the quiet fresh air. After that guy pointed his gun at me a few times and left, I saw a small black dot at the top of the hill about 1000rds away, zoomed in and it was a cowboy hate and a scope looking right at me, apparently people were really trying to kill me today.

Damn, where are you hunting at? Thats rediculous. People are idiots.

Back
Top Bottom