• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any INDIVIDUALS selling a suppressor?

I am not here to have a legal discussion. It is legal to purchase a suppressor IN STATE from a PRIVATE individual. Forms are still sent to the NFA. Just like my 10.5 AR...Form 1s can be done at 18 also. The form 1 also asks if you are under 21...that doesn't mean you can't do it.

I have no idea. The rifle purchase on form 4473, there is no question asking if you are 21 or older. Now form1 and form4 have that question. If he's buying from someone, it must be on a form 4. Also I don't know what suppressors are considered and I don't want to be the first to find out to see if NFA will approve a form4 if you mark that you are under the age of 21.

I don't think he's asking if it's legal. He's trying to find one for sale. Just because the form ask if the applicant is 21 doesn't mean he won't qualify.
Maybe I'm out of line? If so tell me cause I know nothing about suppressors, I cant afford one.

I don't think he's asking if it's legal. He's trying to find one for sale. Just because the form ask if the applicant is 21 doesn't mean he won't qualify.
Maybe I'm out of line? If so tell me cause I know nothing about suppressors, I cant afford one.

1. If you can afford guns and ammo you can afford a suppressor, just not some of the high dollar ones maybe.

2. Even if he is asking just to find one, it is okay to question and look into the legality for his legal safety and ours.

3. ???????

4. Profit

1. If you can afford guns and ammo you can afford a suppressor, just not some of the high dollar ones maybe.

2. Even if he is asking just to find one, it is okay to question and look into the legality for his legal safety and ours.

3. ???????

4. Profit

Also might add that I don't want the ATF involved in my life. Since I had surgery and haven't worked in a long while I've had to sell off everything... But honestly, no i can't afford the stamp.

Also might add that I don't want the ATF involved in my life. Since I had surgery and haven't worked in a long while I've had to sell off everything... But honestly, no i can't afford the stamp.
I know this is a thread hijack but the ATF is as involved in my life as the DMV is. They have my address and effectively the Vin numbers to my NFA items. It's not like they come search your home or you give up any rights. INB4 "gave up your 2nd amendment right by going on the registry".

- - - Updated - - -

why dont you get your parents to buy one then buy it from them? or a friend?

That's an illegal straw purchase. He should draw up a trust with his parents as the members (assuming his parents intend to use them as well), then have his parents buy them.

Back
Top Bottom