Any INDIVIDUALS selling a suppressor?

Well I said it isn't legal or illegal, I just said I don't know if the NFA will approve if someone marks "under 21 years of age". I have no experienced in that area since I start everything when I was 21+.

Why don't you call the NFA branch and ask? It would be a good thing to ask first to see if it's good to go before you start the 6 months wait to find out you're disapproved. That would be worst than waking up on Christmas to find out no one bought you gifts.

I suggest starting a new thread with a clean slate here is the official response from SRI (stalking Rhino Industries) and Plunky (owner of NFAtalk.org).

"True. You must be at least 18 years of age to legally purchase a NFA weapon from an individual in the state in which you reside. You must be at least 21 years of age to buy or to take transfer of a NFA weapon from a dealer. With that being said, yes, he can buy any NFA weapon from an individual in his state and it will be approved. As a reminder though, on the Form 4 it asks if you are 21 years of age or older (yes/no question). As long as that is answered truthfully, and the individual has a clean background, the transfer will be a approved."

So back to the used suppressor question. Why don't folks sell them when they upgrade? You would think they would want to recoup funds if it was no longer needed. I am curious as well.

So back to the used suppressor question. Why don't folks sell them when they upgrade? You would think they would want to recoup funds if it was no longer needed. I am curious as well.

Because the seller loses out on the $200 tax stamp. You gunna pay $500 for my sparrow used plus a tax stamp when they're $375 new? You'd want a deal on a used can so say $300, that means I recoup a whole $100 since ill be paying another tax stamp to replace it. Also the wait is worse than the cost. Plus you'll be putting a lot of money and time into getting a can, the meager savings won't be worth it to you to buy used unless its a dealer demo can maybe.

Last edited:
Because the seller loses out on the $200 tax stamp. You gunna pay $500 for my sparrow used plus a tax stamp when they're $375 new? You'd want a deal on a used can so say $300, that means I recoup a whole $100 since ill be paying another tax stamp to replace it. Also the wait is worse than the cost. Plus you'll be putting a lot of money and time into getting a can, the meager savings won't be worth it to you to buy used unless its a dealer demo can maybe.
Ok makes sense. Thank you

If I get rid of my 556 AAC m4-2000 I'll let you guys know! I will probably get rid of it when the sr7 and saker comes out! Hahah

Don't see the point of a suppressor anyway. Why pay an extra $200 for something that only silences the bang. Hell, i want the hair on my head to jump from the percussion. :lol:

Keep paying that $200 to the man for no benefit if you want!

Don't see the point of a suppressor anyway. Why pay an extra $200 for something that only silences the bang. Hell, i want the hair on my head to jump from the percussion. :lol:

Keep paying that $200 to the man for no benefit if you want!

Yea, I hate being able to get back on target faster in a match due to the can helping on my recoil and also I love the other 5 guys beside me all sending rounds down range as well, without a can.. Oh and the women we teach hate it too. :D

the reason you dont have your parents buy, then buy from them is paying the $200 stamp twice. straw sale be damned, its loose terminology anyways. parents can also gift firearms to their children and avoid straw sale wording.

the reason you dont see cans listed is because the good ones are kept, the bad are sold at a loss. $200 stamp is never recovered. buy once, cry once. for the record i offered the OP my Element simply because i would like to upgrade to the Element 2.

tlw1179, imagine a world where you can hunt without hearing loss and have a chance to make follow up shots on a different animal. a world where you no longer have to be battered by someones braked 300 uber mag in the next lane. this is why i shoot suppressed.

Back
Top Bottom