• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any known issues w/ 04 Jeep Wrangler?

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
I have a buddy w/ an 04 Wrangler X, 107K miles, 5 speed manual tranny, 4.0 6cyl engine for a heck of a good price, that I am considering purchasing. Are there any known issues that I need to look for? It is factory as far as I can tell. Hasn't been lifted or anything. And, it is a heck of a deal!!

if you want to see if its been in deep mud stick your finger in the frame drain holes (usually they are near the wheels, easy to spot), if there is caked mud in there you may want to stay away from it lol. only thing i really know on wranglers other than the ac loves to go out.

and then the normal checks like make sure the 4x4 operates fine and it shifts good through all the gears. what i do is take it to the hwy and go balls out on the on ramp up to speed. sometimes gear/clutch issues dont show at lower rpms.

making me miss the 2000 wrangler we had back in the day lol. loved it.

IMG_1130.JPG

Here's a link to some things to look for. Remember it's a Jeep, maybe it never got off road or maybe it was wheeled. You never know so be more vigilant than you would be inspecting a normal vehicle. On the other hand, if it is a smoking deal then it could leave you plenty of room to upgrade things! After all. Jeeps are the ar-15 of the 4x4 world!

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/154-1005-ten-jeep-wrangler-tj-problems/

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom