• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any LAWYERS in the House? NYC Parking Ticket - Not My Car

I say f' it. You are obviously talking to a collection agency of sorts. Do you see anywhere, on any letter you received from them, the words, "This is an attempt to collect a debt?" I would try calling the court that it was issued under. Enough calls and you will eventually wind up with someone who is willing to help. I can't believe that even in New York, everyone is an ahole.

I say f' it. You are obviously talking to a collection agency of sorts. Do you see anywhere, on any letter you received from them, the words, "This is an attempt to collect a debt?" I would try calling the court that it was issued under. Enough calls and you will eventually wind up with someone who is willing to help. I can't believe that even in New York, everyone is an ahole.

No. But, it is on letterhead that says "New York City Department of Finance; Collections Division".

So I guess it technically is a collection agency...just one that collects debts for the city of New York.

I just found a link on NYC's website that tells how to file an appeal. I'm gonna print out the form, fill it out, and resubmit all the paperwork.

Freaking commie bastards.

Jeep,

Try looking at the website for the NYC Public Advocate's Offcie:

http://publicadvocategotbaum.com/services/how_we_help.html

Here is a short clip - read their whole main page:

1. How can the Office of the Public Advocate help me?
The Office of the Public Advocate has an Ombudsman Services Unit, which assists constituents who have complaints, problems, or inquiries involving government-related services at the City, State, and Federal levels. The unit provides information and referrals and works closely with City agencies to find solutions to problems.

Constituents call the Ombudsman Services Unit at (212) 669-7250 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (212) 669-7250 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or the Public Advocate's volunteer-run Senior Action Line at (212) 669-7670 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (212) 669-7670 end_of_the_skype_highlighting /7673.

Constituents can also fill out a complaint form or e-mail us at ombudsman@pubadvocate.nyc.gov.

You will be asked to explain your problem and told that you will receive a response in seven business days. The case is then assigned to an ombudsman who specializes in the area of your concern.

and here is an example they posted of how they help:

Legal Parker

How the Public Advocate’s Office was able to help

Thank you for writing and providing us with the photos showing that you were not parked illegally. My office forwarded your information to the Department of Finance and asked them to remedy the situation. We heard back from a Deputy Director at the DOF who informed us that all three summonses had been dismissed and that DOF records had been adjusted accordingly. However, you should know that in the future it is your responsibility to respond to any and all summonses within 30 days. If you feel you have been wrongly ticketed, you must return the summons and plead not guilty. Remember, it is important to read the back of any parking summons you receive. It is also your right to appear in person at a local adjudication center if you would prefer to see the administrative law judge or make a payment in person.

Good Luck,

Mugsy

Did I mention that the Public Advocate's Office services are free? It is an option available - and you don't have to report to Guido - it might be Vito, or Frankie, or...Mugsy

Sell Car and Unregister

After selling your car you may, depending on your state, have to notify your local DMV. This may require submitting a specific form, surrendering your license plates, or, in the case of Arkansas, making a phone call. This allows the DMV to update your vehicle registration file and, more importantly, releases you from liability. Even if your state does not require notification, it's still recommended.

All buyers of used cars must register immediately. If you're new to the driving game and are unsure of how to apply for vehicle registration, or want to learn about registration renewal, contact your local DMV.

Alabama Not required.
Alaska Complete title stub or a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability form.
Arizona Submit a Sold Notice within 10 days of car being sold.
Arkansas Notify your county assessor.
California Submit Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability within five days of sale.
Colorado Not required.
Connecticut You must surrender license plates.
Delaware Complete Seller's Report of Sale at bottom of title and submit to DMV.
Florida Submit a Notice of Sale within 30 days of car being sold.
Georgia You must visit DMV to unregister after sale.********************************************************************
Hawaii Submit a Notice of Transfer within 10 days of car being sold.
Idaho Complete title's Release of Liability section and take to DMV.

Back
Top Bottom