• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any watch people here???

Does anyone know anything about J. Boss or Jas Boss watches? I was recently given a "gold filled" pocket watch circa 1909. Wondering what the heck I should do with it.

Watch Children.jpg
Made an excellent trade today

Rolex1.JPG
Rolex.JPG
Rolex.JPG
I took my Rolex to a jeweler the other day to get the face cleaned. He told me it couldn't be done, either he didn't want to do it or he is right. It's a 1950's era watch and runs great, when I remember to wind it. Looking at it in the photo what do you think. Leave it alone or try another jeweler.

You've got to be very careful with the jewelers you let work on your vintage stuff. One wrong move and the watch is totaled.

I like the patina myself.

You gotta go all or nothing on an old Rollie. Either have it fully restored (movement, face, dial, bezel, band, clasp) or service it and wear it with pride as is. A half-done vintage Rolex won't work for long.

There are so many little things that make or break the value of a vintage Rolex. Do your research before servicing, polishing, or replacing anything.

My brother-in-law's uncle bought a Bakelite Sub when he graduated from West Point and wore it in Vietnam. A few years ago his wife sent the watch in to be serviced by Rolex and they replaced the Bakelite. That service cost about $40,000 in value to the watch. It doesn't really matter because the watch is not for sale, but damn.

Make me an offer of this beautiful Tissot, Just got it back from Jared's (lifetime battery and servicer came with and it needed a battery) where it was purchased 5 years ago for $1,700, open for offers, cash or guns,
IMG_1597.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG

Back
Top Bottom