• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody here do Window tinting?

Check this place out. I’ve done our two vehicles with the precut ceramic. Fantastic if you are a little bit mechanically inclined.

Windsheilds are a bit tough but can be done.

mine is 5% all around and 50% windshield. I don’t need to wear sunglasses and I like the privacy and protection from the sun in general.

I planned on doing it myself and was looking at that film. Im unsure if I need to factor in the factory tint(or how to do that) so thought I would pay a pro this time

If your talking about your rear windows, it’s usually around 20% so if you get 20 or 15% it will be about 5% if you overlap.

correct, your back windows can painted black for all they care. It’s the fronts for sure. If you get pulled over, roll them down and don’t give a reason to look suspect…all I can say.

I have 5% all around. I have passed many a GSP and local with no issues. But give them a reason…you never know. Not really an issue around my parts. But I have been sought after years ago in a sedan with 5% windows in ATL city limits. That thing was daaaark.

correct, your back windows can painted black for all they care. It’s the fronts for sure. If you get pulled over, roll them down and don’t give a reason to look suspect…all I can say.

I have 5% all around. I have passed many a GSP and local with no issues. But give them a reason…you never know. Not really an issue around my parts. But I have been sought after years ago in a sedan with 5% windows in ATL city limits. That thing was daaaark.
Probably got half a million miles if not more on interstates here in ga with 5% all the way around +windshield a little and have never been pulled over for that or have it mentioned. Like you said, give them a reason and bam though

Need to get mine done. Any mobile or local shops around Braselton area to recommend? It’s a 2019 taco, not sure if you have to factor in the factory tint when trying to stay legal.
Member here does it, he’s opening his own shop soon, has done a few cars for me, he’s out that way I believe but drove all the way to me in Acworth. Also can do your house windows too, any bright sunny spots in your house, cut the glare out and save on your ac bill

Yeah, so I have a couple (maybe 3 ) vehicles to do eventually…. Who is the master tint guy we are talking about and a number please ?? (Or which post has the correct one?)
I understand I need to take them to him ??

Back
Top Bottom