• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody hooch fishing

Based on water release schedule and my schedule, I'll probably be there from crack of dawn until a spicy Chick-fil-A sandwich calls my name, unless something changes. It seems they have been opening the dam at 6AM, which would get to that area around 11 or so.

Should I do Gwinnett side or go over to Fulton? I walked the area over the long weekend to get a feel for what is what.
well the park side has more areas to fish if your on foot honestly. the fulton side has deeper runs
closer to the bank. me, when i choose a side its not long before i wish i was on the other side lol.
never fails. now that spicy chik samich is the BOMB. the chicken egg and cheese samich is pretty damn sweet too.
add a half n half tea and i good.

Good deal. I'll have my 6YO who is probably more pumped than I am. I am slowly piecing together the parts and pieces to be able to tow my kayak, so it won't be long before I can really get after it. My new Old Town Sportsman 120PDL is too heavy to car top by myself on my wife's car. I worry I'll drop it and scuff it (the car) up bad.

Appreciate the help.

Good deal. I'll have my 6YO who is probably more pumped than I am. I am slowly piecing together the parts and pieces to be able to tow my kayak, so it won't be long before I can really get after it. My new Old Town Sportsman 120PDL is too heavy to car top by myself on my wife's car. I worry I'll drop it and scuff it (the car) up bad.

Appreciate the help.
glad i could be of service. PM with any more questions you might have and thank you for
getting the next generation started early. we will need their help.

We got there and saw a guy leaving with his limit stringer. He gave us his bait and told us generally where to go. Boy's boots were shorter than expected, so we started off with wet feet. Managed to hook on to two with the tiny Rapala, but both jumped and shook it off. Had a hard time telling rocks and bottom from a bite. Boy had a bite that ran on him but got all tangled up and lost it. They are there, we have bait that they were eating, and we got a taste of the thrill. We will be back with taller boots or with kayak to get us into better spots. Wading in 50 degree weather isn't my son's favorite.

He wants to go tomorrow.

We got there and saw a guy leaving with his limit stringer. He gave us his bait and told us generally where to go. Boy's boots were shorter than expected, so we started off with wet feet. Managed to hook on to two with the tiny Rapala, but both jumped and shook it off. Had a hard time telling rocks and bottom from a bite. Boy had a bite that ran on him but got all tangled up and lost it. They are there, we have bait that they were eating, and we got a taste of the thrill. We will be back with taller boots or with kayak to get us into better spots. Wading in 50 degree weather isn't my son's favorite.

He wants to go tomorrow.
oh kick ass! glad you guys had a ball bro. i bet the young one hasnt stopped talking about it lol.

Success!

Attachments

• 20230101_140715.jpg
    20230101_140715.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 16
Tiny Rapala. Just the 1. They ran the dam hot and heavy after the rain two days ago, but today was quite clear and low. He is soaking in some whole milk right now.

Tiny Rapala. Just the 1. They ran the dam hot and heavy after the rain two days ago, but today was quite clear and low. He is soaking in some whole milk right now.
try some of the basspro fish batter mix. walmart use to carry it too.
or, go by KFC and see if you can talk them out of some extra crispy batter mix.
both are kick ass.

Back
Top Bottom