• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody pocket carry an Lc9?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anybody currently or have carried the ruger lc9 in pocket holster? Been eyeballing the lc9-s and it's sweet new trigger but didn't know if it would be to big for pocket carry. Carried Jframes and a pm9 comfortably in this manner. Thanks for you help guys!

Caleb

i had an Lc9 a while back. i got rid of it because i did not like the trigger.

as far as carrying goes, it worked for me either appendix or pocket carry. It is a little big (i don't really like things in my pockets), but it was, for me, comparable to the taurus model 85 that i occasionally pocket carry. the lc9 was lighter.

i would carry the lc9 in my pocket if i was wearing dress slacks with my shirt tucked in. most of the time i never had a problem with it.

i had an Lc9 a while back. i got rid of it because i did not like the trigger.

as far as carrying goes, it worked for me either appendix or pocket carry. It is a little big (i don't really like things in my pockets), but it was, for me, comparable to the taurus model 85 that i occasionally pocket carry. the lc9 was lighter.

i would carry the lc9 in my pocket if i was wearing dress slacks with my shirt tucked in. most of the time i never had a problem with it.

Very cool. Yeah the hammer fired trigger sucks but I dry fired the lc9-s at the LGS the other day and it was worlds better. Looking for the perfect pocket gun and the reports of reliability issues with the kahrs concern me.

If you're willing to walk on the dark side (.380) the gen II LCP fits nicely in your pocket. You forget it is there. Second gen trigger is pretty good and MUCH improved over the original LCP.

No worries if you're not into .380 but I figure it's better than using foul language to try to defend myself.

Very cool. Yeah the hammer fired trigger sucks but I dry fired the lc9-s at the LGS the other day and it was worlds better. Looking for the perfect pocket gun and the reports of reliability issues with the kahrs concern me.

Idk it seems like all the Karh reliability issues happen within the "break-in" period. Most people say 200 rounds, but I'm pretty sure the manual says the period should be 500 rounds. A lot of people don't ever even put 500 rounds through their guns. IMO I wouldn't worry too much about the reliability issues, but that's just my $0.02. I recently bought a CM9 and have only put 50 rounds through it. Only had it a couple weeks. I'm gonna hit the 500 round mark soon enough and I will gauge it from there.

If you're willing to walk on the dark side (.380) the gen II LCP fits nicely in your pocket. You forget it is there. Second gen trigger is pretty good and MUCH improved over the original LCP.

No worries if you're not into .380 but I figure it's better than using foul language to try to defend myself.

hahaha, foul language, but dont forget to clean the lint out of it if you pocket carry.

I've wondered how pocketable the LC9s is as well. As Hayata says, the gen II LCP literally disappears in pocket. I'm happy with mine and I don't feel under-gunned, but if I could do 9mm, why not?

Back
Top Bottom