Anyone apply for a non-resident carry permit in Florida?

A lot of people look at reciprocity laws without realizing a non resident permit does not always gain you the same as a resident permit in other states. You actually need to read all of the laws in different states to be sure. Florida is an example of residents will be honored in SC, but non residents are not. Check VA and WVA to make sure it honors non resident FL permits.

A lot of people look at reciprocity laws without realizing a non resident permit does not always gain you the same as a resident permit in other states. You actually need to read all of the laws in different states to be sure. Florida is an example of residents will be honored in SC, but non residents are not. Check VA and WVA to make sure it honors non resident FL permits.
Yes but a NON resident Florida permit which would be obtained from an authorized Georgia resident would still NOT be recognized in SC. The issue with South Carolina is simple. 1. you either move to SC and become a resident...or the SC legislature changes the law.

Why such a concern.....Your GWL....is good in Florida...you just have to know Florida law and follow the Florida laws when your there......

I am looking for options to allow me to carry in SC...so far have found none...aside from living in SC and getting a CCP.

Actually I believe you can purchase property in SC and then get a SC permit. I believe one does not actually have to be a resident of SC, one only needs to own property. HOWEVER I would have to check that against the actual SC regulations.

Does not seem like much of a hassle. You just have to submit fingerprints, 2 photos and give money. You can request a packet for free in the mail. I just ordered mine. Im going to get the FL permit just because I visit my mom down there.

Florida does make you take a weapons class though. Everybody should have some sort of training so this aint a big deal anyway. It says a hunters safety course will do.

Thanks....

Back
Top Bottom