• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fired for conceal carry at work ( for a friend)

I could be wrong but if said employee was fired for carrying against company policy then that means it was HIS FAULT for being fired . And that's THE major disqualifying factor for unemployment. Yes, I agree 110% that it sucks donkey nuts but that's how the (rigged) game is played.
He is a damn good parts guy and got lots of respect from his peers.

Didn’t ask.. he was mid 50’s I’d guess. We shot the s**t a bit while he was doing his job that’s how the weapon specs came out. He said he’d never been called out on it before and always packed cause …he could. He said his employer had no rules against it. I enjoy seeing someone practice that right.
Isn't he supposed to ask permission from the land owner if it's OK first. I wouldn't be cool with a tech packing and not asking.

Had an HVAC tech come to my home 3-4-5 months ago. He started down stairs to the basement and I said “you’re printing bro”. He looked back and said sorry, I’ll put in the van. I told him no problem here just be careful cause it’s pretty obvious. 92fs small of the back shows with a tucked shirt.
Damn that’s a big AHH gun to try and conceal. I actually gave my ac guy a pocket holster for his cm 9. He had it loose in his pocket👀

Had an HVAC tech come to my home 3-4-5 months ago. He started down stairs to the basement and I said “you’re printing bro”. He looked back and said sorry, I’ll put in the van. I told him no problem here just be careful cause it’s pretty obvious. 92fs small of the back shows with a tucked shirt.
Good man you are. maybe you taught him that he needs to conceal better👍🏻

He is a damn good parts guy and got lots of respect from his peers.
I get it. I worked for Pep Boys in 90 and then Auto Zone in 91. Then many years later I helped run an auto salvage in Houston Co. I knew guys that were serious career parts guys. I'm talking about guys that knew Chevy and Ford small block parts off the top of their heads.
However...all that being said I know that NONE of the big auto parts chains pay ****. My wife and then my older daughter both worked the counter and delivered for OReilly in Ft Valley. Both maxed out around $9.50 an hour. With all that in mind I would suggest that your homeboy find a gig in the parts department at a dealership. Or... maybe as a service writer since he obviously knows cars and parts. Either one would have to pay a lot more than OReilly.

Good man your.. maybe you taught him that he needs to conceal better👍🏻
I'm actually considering carrying my Kel Tec 380 in what's called a Smart Carry rig. It's a deep concealment setup shaped kinda like a fanny pack but with elastic straps and a pouch in the front. I know I could pocket carry with a Sticky holster but I don't like tying up one whole pocket just for that. The rig I'm looking at conceals very well and has a second pocket for an extra mag.

Isn't he supposed to ask permission from the land owner if it's OK first. I wouldn't be cool with a tech packing and not asking.
Don’t know how that works. I personally don’t have an issue if it’s someone I called that comes out cc’ing specially decked out in company colors. Been in construction all my life and seem to have a knack for spotting ones cc’ing. Some of the areas I’ve worked in if you didn’t have one we would issue you one..lol

I'm actually considering carrying my Kel Tec 380 in what's called a Smart Carry rig. It's a deep concealment setup shaped kinda like a fanny pack but with elastic straps and a pouch in the front. I know I could pocket carry with a Sticky holster but I don't like tying up one whole pocket just for that. The rig I'm looking at conceals very well and has a second pocket for an extra mag.
I been thinking on getting me a OVER THE SHOULDER CARRY BAG.. every thing you need can go in it..

My priority is protecting my wife, and I would like to know the carry situation of strangers. Not necessarily a problem but come straight and tell me. Don't come on my property carrying without asking is all I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom