• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fired for conceal carry at work ( for a friend)

I got fired from Auto Zone way back in 91 for having a gun in my old Beetle. Meanwhile the girl that went on to become manager had one in her purse INSIDE the store. And believe me Pio Nono at Anthony Rd was NEVER a good part of town even back then.
One of the fast food restaurants on Pio Nono was in my area in the 80’s. It was a 24 hour operation and I was expected to visit it at all hours. My boss told me that it was against company policy to carry a weapon then assured me that he would never ask if I was or had carried and said if it were him he would not be there at night unarmed. Not just for that reason but he was the best boss I ever had, I really enjoyed working for him, and one of only 2 in my work life I liked at all.

I want to say that an employer can't do anything if you leave the gun in your vehicle and it's not parked on company property. I know that bill was being discussed years ago, but don't know if it actually went through.

If that's the case, OP should have his friend park in the next lot over so it's not on his company's property.

How did they find out if it was concealed? Sounds like he was showing it off to someone.

Might have happened. I carry all the time, everywhere. Except those two spots that are federal no no's. Those 'gun free' places that have metal detectors, I hate those places, only go in if I'm forced too by the family, thankfully it hasn't happened much.

With private company policy and GA being a right to work state, probably not much would be my guess, but not a lawyer

This is exactly right… your friend can get unemployment temporarily until he secures a quick job.

Autozone will probably take him tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom