Anyone carry rounds that can penetrate windshields?

And this happens all the time, and twice as often in Florida.

Also the reason that I don't sit near the windows at my local Golden Corral....never know when grandpa or grandma is going to make a "new door"!!

Hardees and Burger King in the a.m. either. You're just asking for trouble.

I cannot believe that someone has not marketed deep cavity hollow points with a bacon fat filling covered by a cap of hard wax. "Jihadi-Stoppers"

Huh? We spent the last 8 years listening to a President would wouldnt even connect them with Isalm. The religion of Peace.

Jesus - preached love, charity and forgiveness

Muhammad - brutally conquered vast areas of the Earth

We dont hear much about this distinction.

Hahaha dude, I roll pretty heavy I'm always with an SBR, usually suppressed and got a plate Carrier with me. I never leave my NFA stuff unsecured but I won't go into detail on how I store it when I do dismount my vehicle, needless to say I love having a "long gun" within fighting distance. The scenario may seem far fetched but if I ever walked into something that was bigger than me I sure as F Can ranger peel outta there and fight back to my rifle

You appear to be a regimented guy. Knowing myself at some point Id leave my SBR on the front seat with the windows open. Along with the lost TV remote. :)

You appear to be a regimented guy. Knowing myself at some point Id leave my SBR on the front seat with the windows open. Along with the lost TV remote. :)
Haha hey I bet Tactical jeebus would agree. Trying to EDC a plate Carrier, SBR, and a pistol (as a civilian) is no easy feat. I carried a Plate Carrier or likewise and an SBR as a career for 10 years so when I got out it was not only a habit that was very hard to break but one I didn't necessarily want to break either. It's much Different trying to move around the civilian world in border line full kit. For one, I've been in zero CONUS firefights. So complacency is a constant problem and always will be. Those rainy days you're late to work and have left overs in your hand and gotta walk down four flights of stairs at 5AM with all your gear and you're pretty damn sure you're not gonna need a PC or a rifle or a pistol that day....but like I said complacency kills so I suck it up and drag that s*** through the rain with me all day lol

In 9mm I've been carrying 147 +P HST, in 357 Sig Underwood deep penetrator

I've shot plenty of Speer Gold Dot 125grn .357SIG through car windows and doors......you don't need a specialized penetrator round. These performed perfectly. Also work great on commercial glass.

I've shot plenty of Speer Gold Dot 125grn .357SIG through car windows and doors......you don't need a specialized penetrator round. These performed perfectly. Also work great on commercial glass.

cmshoot, when shooting through angled windshield glass, do you have to account for deflection and adjust based on the angle? I saw a show last year that was stating shooting from outside into the car through an angled windshield, there was not much deflection. But if you were shooting from inside out the car, there was much more deflection you had to account for. (or maybe I got that backward). Seemed a little strange to me - figured the deflection would be the same regardless of shooting into, or outside, the car.

cmshoot, when shooting through angled windshield glass, do you have to account for deflection and adjust based on the angle? I saw a show last year that was stating shooting from outside into the car through an angled windshield, there was not much deflection. But if you were shooting from inside out the car, there was much more deflection you had to account for. (or maybe I got that backward). Seemed a little strange to me - figured the deflection would be the same regardless of shooting into, or outside, the car.

At distances of 7 yards and closer, not enough deflection to compensate for. Shots to the upper chest/neck/head stayed there.

.308 loads I've tried stayed within 1" when shot from 100yds. .223/5.56 varied from load to load, with most of the 5.56 loads performing better. Haven't had a chance to try my 70grn GMX Hornady TAP 5.56 load, but I will. Looking at offering a vehicle asssault course this fall.

An officer at my old PD had a guy try and run him down in a car. He fired a 180grn Winchester Ranger SXT .40S&W out of a Glock 22. Went through the windshield, through the steering wheel, through the perp's hand, and into his upper chest.

Back
Top Bottom