• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else get their property tax statement today?

So, they basically gave me the big fungoo.

Thay have invited me to a Hearing where I can appeal their decision, but the basis of my appeal was that they undertook the property valuations at the absolute peak of demand for property in this immediate area, and as a result, their tax demands for the whole subdivision should be revised downwards and base them on a three-year average valuation.

There's no way they're going to walk away from that 'extra' revenue on a couple hundred homes.

So, they basically gave me the big fungoo.

Thay have invited me to a Hearing where I can appeal their decision, but the basis of my appeal was that they undertook the property valuations at the absolute peak of demand for property in this immediate area, and as a result, their tax demands for the whole subdivision should be revised downwards and base them on a three-year average valuation.

There's no way they're going to walk away from that 'extra' revenue on a couple hundred homes.
Go to the hearing. The Board is composed of citizens.

You have been dealing with functionaries with their feet in the public trough. They aren't going to cross up the company line.

When over 40% of tax payers don’t pay any income tax net, I guess they have to find money somewhere else.

I’ve about given up telling some people that they aren’t paying taxes if they get a refund for more than they paid.
“Earned” Income Credit, BAH!!

I’ve about given up telling some people that they aren’t paying taxes if they get a refund for more than they paid.
“Earned” Income Credit, BAH!!
I imagine a lot of people who get all their income tax refunded don't realize it because it gets mixed up in our heads with social security and medicare/medicade that also come out of pay. And some people get back more than they pay in. It's a fairly lopsided system.

Back
Top Bottom