• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else gettin excited.........

Nick_T

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
that squirrel season is only 2 weeks out? Taking the kids scouting tomorrow, need to see if the hickory trees made this year and how the pecan crop looks. Next weekend will be checking the scopes on the .22s. Looking forward to another great year in the woods with the kids.

Nick T

I walked out in the yard the other day and a squirrel dropped what was left of a chewed up pine cone on me.....game on!!!

Scouting trip yesterday brought up mixed results. Hickory crop failed for the most part, pecans are spotty, water oaks loaded to the gills, tons of pine cone cutting. Looks like any edge pecan trees that produced should hold a ton of action when the time gets right. Early season looks like it'll be tough but should pick up as the pecans and oaks mature. Kid got to run a few rounds out of his Heritage .22 single action, dang impressed for a 12yr old and a fixed sighted pistol. Took the feist to the park yesterday and ran her on some tamie squirrels, she's got the idea but hasn't found her bark yet, dang squirrel get too far from a tree and she'll be chewing on his butt, fast little dawg. Fun day overall, hot as hell, but fun none the less.

Nick T

Sight in day! Sat the guns in the carport to climatize for about an hour before setting the scopes. 5 shot groups, 25yds off the hood of the truck using a gun case as a rest.

The kids CZ.......

20130810_132203_zps49127b8b.jpg

My model 60.......

20130810_133210_zpse8c1ff58.jpg

Got to work the outdoor show in Perry next weekend but going to try to get out early Sunday morning and put a few on the ground prior to going south. Kids is rearing to go, looking forward to it myself.

Nick T

Sight in day! Sat the guns in the carport to climatize for about an hour before setting the scopes. 5 shot groups, 25yds off the hood of the truck using a gun case as a rest.

The kids CZ.......

View attachment 216558

My model 60.......

View attachment 216555

Got to work the outdoor show in Perry next weekend but going to try to get out early Sunday morning and put a few on the ground prior to going south. Kids is rearing to go, looking forward to it myself.

Nick T

Nice I want to find another Model 60 If I get up to the show Ill look you up again.

Back
Top Bottom