• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else gettin excited.........

It's to hot and humid to get excited about anything outside. C'mon October.

I can understand that feeling, daybreak to about 0900 is about all I want myself. Shorts with a pair of those turkey hunting net pants and a thin T shirt makes that time pretty bearable.

Nick T

Typical first morning. Found them still in the pines. I got these three and the kid knocked down two but only found one. Saw quite a few more but they disappeared into the canopy quickly. Fun morning anyhow, nice to sit and scan the branches again.

Nick T

Nuth'r 5, shoulda been 8, lost 1 and missed 2. Gonna bore y'all with these til ya start liking them. LOL

Nick T

Attachments

• 20130831_092953-507160504.jpg
    20130831_092953-507160504.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 25
Excellent, glad to see we ain't the only ones fighting the masquittos and humidity. Gonna get ya out there in a couple weeks, they're just starting to show a little interest in the pecans. Got word this morning that they're clearcuting the bottoms this winter and replanting in pines. That's going to mess up my honey hole, but got another plan in the works for next season anyhow.

Nick T

Excellent, glad to see we ain't the only ones fighting the masquittos and humidity. Gonna get ya out there in a couple weeks, they're just starting to show a little interest in the pecans. Got word this morning that they're clearcuting the bottoms this winter and replanting in pines. That's going to mess up my honey hole, but got another plan in the works for next season anyhow.

Nick T

Sounds good man. We love it so much. Just got scopes for the twins rifles. Planning on letting them get there feet wet a little this season. They've been on me about going. :) Hate to hear that about your honey hole. Guess that means you need to hunt it as much as possible this fall.

Here's what the place looks like now. All the row trees are pecans. Everything inside the boundary that ain't pecan will be cut. Really sad for me but understand the landowner wanting to get the what he can out of the land by putting it into pine production. Plus side, place aught to be prime habitat for fox squirrel in 15 years or so.

Nick T

Back
Top Bottom