• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else have a problem where if you are not spending money on toys you simply aren't happy.

OGC.c32c5fa4acb60cfedb0cf605862fa944

The internet has made us aware of how much stuff is available and how easy it is to get. Prior to the internet our options were local gun shops, gun shows or Shotgun News. Product reviews were through magazines and many times the review was heavily influenced by the manufacturer and there were no comments available except by word of mouth.

I have learned to be content and appreciate what I have and spend more time shooting the guns I own and less time wanting another one. Next time you get the urge to buy a new something look in the safe and think about the last time each gun was fired. Spending money on ammo and range time is far more rewarding than the time spent searching the net for the next greatest thing.

yeah, but I'm working to get over it. I think the hunt is more fun than the purchase for most of this adventure, and let's be serious, reading about and arguing over the difference in grip width in 2011 models is a nice distraction from the misery that is being a working adult in America these days.

that said, I've shifted my focus recently on quality over quantity, and I find that helps keep me more grounded. Sure, I like to read about custom 1911s and shop online, but really is there one out there that's "better" than the Baer I already own?

Plus having that pile of cash invested and earning more money for me is more fun than occasionally looking at another multi-thousand dollar pistol that's annoyingly heavy to carry.

Back
Top Bottom