• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever do a spray can paint on vehicle

100 bullets

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
96   1
Reaction score
Was watching YouTube videos on using spray cans to paint a vehicle also plasti dip for vehicles. I have an old Jeep that needs to look not so old. Anyone ever done this before?

Yeah all the time when I was 'wheelin old Scouts. Just scrub the surface down good with alcohol and scotch brite, then just alcohol and clean rags and spray away.
Spray can bed liner works good too.

Btw...you need a nice rock crawler front bumper for your Jeep?
I got one for sale on here! :boink:

My brother in law did, look fairly bad.
Good surface prep and enclose your car in plastic to keep the dust and stuff down.
I did a large area on my car, even with clear coat spray afterward it still wasn't as shinny, even and smooth. It was a lot better than nothing.

yah i helped a guy do one and it came out looking ok, wont ever look great but you can deff make it look alright and at least a solid color. i've known folks though that actually had better results using a roll on laquor paint and then wet sanding it. took more time but was just as cheap

76C6295F-CC8E-4115-8951-3ED3830950EC.png

Yeah all the time when I was 'wheelin old Scouts. Just scrub the surface down good with alcohol and scotch brite, then just alcohol and clean rags and spray away.
Spray can bed liner works good too.

Btw...you need a nice rock crawler front bumper for your Jeep?
I got one for sale on here! :boink:
I already have a stinger on the front

I don’t know about the whole vehicles but I do plastic dip the front grill of my jeeps (YJ & TJ). Super easy to use.

If it’s a trail rig like mentioned above bedliner is the way to go. Harbor freight sprayer with the biggest nozzle, lacquer to thin it down and 12 pack of Miller lite.

IF you spray, be sure and use a good respirator, paint mist and especially two part paint mist WILL kill you if you breath it.

Back
Top Bottom