• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever seen this?

One problem seems to be the confusing of the word clearance with the word tolerance. It is two completely different things in the machining world. Tolerance is the range where a part is allowed to be machined, clearance is what you lack when you have tolerance stacking.

Dude, I say this with all the lovingkindness I can muster...but he's not singling you out. You're outing yourself.

I've actually met and shot with cmshoot cmshoot . He's a solid, squared away dude. He's been there, done that, bought and lost the t-shirt. Certified armorer and all the things. If he says it, I'll believe it.

You, on the other hand, are constantly giving dodgy advice and advocating snake oil. You have no industry training and honestly have a very poor grasp of terms and vocabulary. "Tolerance stacking," for example. You literally don't know what it means.

Just because you're wrong, it doesn't mean that the person who corrected you is a jackwagon. You've been treated very professionally in this thread.
Ouch...! Right in the feels....

I love discussions about the difficulty of "building" AR-15's, and the emotions that come with it.

20210402_002817.jpg
20210311_173929.jpg
20210921_162649.jpg
20210809_203834.jpg

Do you build or are you just a sounding board. That video said the same thing CMshoot said just a more in depth and more complicated version. You wouldn't understand it anyway. So don't waste your time watching it. It is for more intelligent minded folk anyway.
I said I was leaving but then you had to go and call me stupid. I've built more AR's than I can shake a stick at. Several SBR's, too...not that it is any different than a regular rifle aside from a shorter barrel, but still. I have some tools and some know how and read and watched a shed load of "how to " videos. I'd consider myself educated on the matter. And even having said all that, I still would take cmshoot cmshoot 's word over mine.

As to what I would or would not understand, I am baffled by the fact that you don't even know the definition of the word "tolerance" in terms of an engineering definition. Googling "engine tolerance stack" and posting the first video you find does nothing other than cement the proof that you don't know what you're talking about.

Part of growing and learning is admitting when you are mistaken. I hope you get there soon. You'll grow more.

One problem seems to be the confusing of the word clearance with the word tolerance. It is two completely different things in the machining world. Tolerance is the range where a part is allowed to be machined, clearance is what you lack when you have tolerance stacking.
This ^

Once more for the people in the back?

Back
Top Bottom