• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever seen this?

If AR’s are so simple, why are you so consistently wrong, and regularly demonstrate your complete and utter lack of knowledge on the subject? You routinely display your ignorance (again, the dictionary definition and not a personal attack), and double down on your lack of knowledge on the subject when it is shown in plain English, and refuse to learn or correct your behavior. Truly mind boggling, mate. That is not being humble, that is keeping your head in a hole and refusing to learn. Worse, it is throwing your incorrect information around where the truly uninformed may latch onto it and apply it.

Just because you can do something that’s much more complicated, like build an engine, doesn’t mean that you can necessarily do things that are much more simple.

I have invented very little, other than some tools to make the job simpler and easier to do correctly. Other than that, I am using the TDP and manufacturer’s specs to assemble. That’s what I teach, and that’s what I expound upon here. If you disagree with this information, you are not disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with the folks that invented and perfected the system. The folks that service and repair them for the US military. The folks at the manufacturers that designed the part from scratch, and have stated how it should be put together.

I’m not here for your feelings, or anyone else’s feelings. If my methods and demeanor offend you, that’s on you. I have plenty of folks that pay me for training over and over again over the decades that are just fine with it. I’m here to share information that is factual, and gleaned from recognized sources. If you want to wallow in your ignorance, you are free to do so, but don’t throw it around as some kind of alternate or better way to properly perform a task.

I talk to folks all day that are just getting started in AR’s and are well and truly innocently ignorant. We have great conversations, lessons are learned, and they come to me and the shop over and over again for more information and parts.

I routinely get first time builds come across my bench that don’t function properly. I explain to the folks what is wrong, how it should be done, and why. They are glad for the knowledge and leave happier than when they came in.

My entire argument is based on the fact that it is as easy to PROPERLY assemble an AR as it is to half-ass it. Yes, it takes more tools, but the knowledge is out there and available from reputable sources. Exactly the same as working on your engine, or building a motor. Why not use the proper torque specs? Why not use the proper tools? When I service the transmission in my 2001 Ram 2500, I follow the Chilton’s book to make sure that I do everything properly, and torque the bands to spec. It would be ignorant of me to do it any other way.
I have noted that you were correct in calling me out on improper terminology and clearing that up for the masses. Whe all have a propensity to defend ourself even if say the wrong thing. I haven taken that away and I am better for it. I haven't been that far off on many things. It might have been stated wrongly but that's misuse of terminology not incorrect build methods. There is simply not that much mechanical knowledge that goes into assembling an AR. What is there 3 or 4 things that need to be torqued which one is handguard specific. The things I have been wrong on is just things I have stated incorrectly but not mechanically incorrect. Wrong terminology I mean. You single me out because everybody else is to scared you will jump down their throat. Your cronies back you up like preppy girls.

You single me out because everybody else is to scared you will jump down their throat. Your cronies back you up like preppy girls.
Dude, I say this with all the lovingkindness I can muster...but he's not singling you out. You're outing yourself.

I've actually met and shot with cmshoot cmshoot . He's a solid, squared away dude. He's been there, done that, bought and lost the t-shirt. Certified armorer and all the things. If he says it, I'll believe it.

You, on the other hand, are constantly giving dodgy advice and advocating snake oil. You have no industry training and honestly have a very poor grasp of terms and vocabulary. "Tolerance stacking," for example. You literally don't know what it means.

Just because you're wrong, it doesn't mean that the person who corrected you is a jackwagon. You've been treated very professionally in this thread.

1659470815759.png

I don’t think it’s as malicious as the picture you paint.

Sometimes you say stupid **** and people call you out on it.

Building an AR-15 is easy, yet people manage to **** it up all the time. It’s a life saving tool for a lot of people. Building it right has real stakes.

Because people put unfounded bad information out there, others in the know might feel inclined to correct you to set the record straight for the sake of those who might have to use their equipment.

To me it sounds like you’ve gotten your ass chapped because you keep barking up this tree and poking the bear.
Whoever "Burning Love" is, you sir, are a smart man, a wealth of knowledge, and I would drink some beer with you!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom