• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have a koi pond?

BEREZKA

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
Does anyone keep koi? What sort of pond setup do you use? Any advice on planting or filter systems?

I'm in the process of converting our backyard pool into one and was curious if any ODT'rs kept koi or are into aquariums

Wife’s older brother had a beautiful koi pond, his was on the Atlanta tour.
Sat down in his breakfast nook with his coffee one morning, to gaze at the serenity, just in time to see a large heron swallowing the last of his prized fish.
Holy crap! Some of those fish can cost a cool mil and up.

Wife’s older brother had a beautiful koi pond, his was on the Atlanta tour.
Sat down in his breakfast nook with his coffee one morning, to gaze at the serenity, just in time to see a large heron swallowing the last of his prized fish.
That's why I quit. Everything kept getting eaten.

His were just in the $300-$500 range. About a dozen.
Thought I might bite my tongue off trying to stifle a laugh when he first told us the story.
We gave up on the expensive fish and just got a bunch of smaller cheaper fish to have in the pond and they disappeared as well.
When I cleaned it out I found the biggest bullfrog I have ever seen living his best life in my fish pond. Clean water, sun, plenty of tasty snacks, all a frog could ask for.

We gave up on the expensive fish and just got a bunch of smaller cheaper fish to have in the pond and they disappeared as well.
When I cleaned it out I found the biggest bullfrog I have ever seen living his best life in my fish pond. Clean water, sun, plenty of tasty snacks, all a frog could ask for.
Did you turn the tables on him and have frog legs for dinner?

Back
Top Bottom