• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have access to honda technical service bulletins

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
I was out of state and my daughter's 98 Accord had an intermittent no start issue. They kept the car for 28 days and charged her $975.00 and didn't fix the problem.

She was called to let her know the car was ready. She arrived in a tax only to see an employee eating a sandwich in her vehicle and driving off the property. When quizzed the Midas said that the vehicle was taken for a test drive.

After paying the bill the car was brought around to the front ohe building and the door was held open for her to enter the car. She drove to work and immediately returned. When she arrived a work she discovered the front and rear bumper had both been seriously damaged.
mper, and the court fees.

Now the franchise is claiming their legal team is ready to appeal this to a higher court. I beat them once and I can do it again. But I am going to have to pay an attorney 1,000.00 for the privilege. They are only offering $1,300.

I told him that I spent 3 hours writing a 4 page letter. I have copies ready to send via certified mail to each of the members of the board of the Midas Group. I would like to think that the Midas Group would have some care and concern about how their franchisee deals with their customers and will probably have some clauses in their contract to have some recourse for inappropriate behavior.

Anyone have a better idea short of fire bombing the franchise?

I am heading back to court and looking for official service data about identifying the pgm-fi main relay for replacement

Facebook social media

No start if seems be issue whe its hot out side
Main relay
Is the issue

I would never use these type business

Being a mechainc certified ford Chrysler honda and Mercedes-Benz
And master ase tech

I have seen this idiots work first hand and had actually fix the car and more so their **** ups

These guys are not trained techs by the book

I would sooner gnaw my arm off on a full stomach then let any of them touch my car.

Take the cash and que the rest up as an education on where not to take your car.

I am not a formally trained mechanic. A wiring diagram and a voltmeter will at least narrow it down a bit.
I have man friends that can't sharpen a chainsaw and I know girls that can't cook.

I suppose being out of town and being a girl and all. That sucks. I would be super pissed if I saw them eating in my car and 28 days?! How many miles did they put on it?

[QUOTE="MRM, post: 7413254, member: 33
I suppose being out of town and being a girl and all. That sucks. I would be super pissed if I saw them eating in my car and 28 days?! How many miles did they put on it?[/QUOTE]
Yup

I have an issue with Midas over a main relay problem. My question is Where can I find an official honda anything either describing the problem or suggesting replacing the main relay?

Photocopy of a couple pages of official honda dealers manuals?

Link to an Official honda website that references this information?

I already re-soldered the relay. I am looking for legal proof to take to court.

Thanks in advance!

Soooo many questions.....

Proof of what? That the problem exists?
The Honda or Acura turns over but won't start in hot weather is a symptom of a main relay going bad. This is the result of the poor solder application from the factory. As a consequence, raise areas on the joint indicate a "dry joint" which can lead to an open circuit. The dry, open circuit is the main cause of no start. This is partly caused by the buildup of heat on the terminals which expand contract and subject to vibrations. It is likely that a layer of hard oxide has built up inside the solder joint. The layer of hard oxide has to be removed by de-soldering. A very common and well-known problem

I need official honda documentation referencing troubleshooting this problem/fix/replacement

Back
Top Bottom