• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have quick load?

Slostang

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
13   0
Reaction score
looking for a rough powder charge to get a 165gr 9mm going roughly 780-800fps using VV n310. Loaded to 1.14oal with fed match small pistol primer. Im thinking 2.5-2.6 grains should do the trick but I am concerned with being over pressured.

That's a 115 grain bullet with a 50 grain solid base.

The benefit of a heavy bullet is penetration, it seems lost on this 900 FPS "frangible" bullet, Not to say a 50 grain projectile traveling at 900 FPS can't do harm but it's in the 22 LR arena and deviates from the benefit of a 165 grain bullet.

I did some Google fu and did find someone making a solid bullet. But the load data that doesn't over pressurize the case escapes me.....

Not a whole lot of room for powder. http://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-165-RN-p/xc9mm-165rn-b0500.htm

Last edited:
Yeah I'm getting them from xtreme. I've loaded and shot roughly 5k of them for IDPA matches. My usual loads are either 2.7 of titegroup or 3.0 of vv n320 @1.14 oal. Very very soft shooting. They do make some pressure judging by the primer but it's nothing unsafe as long as I do my part checking brass before loading.

I really want to get away from titegroup because it's so dang dirty. The n320 runs much much cleaner but it's a little snappier due to the heavier powder charge. I would love to try n310 if I can figure out if I can achieve the same velocity without blowing myself up. Lol

Yeah I'm getting them from xtreme. I've loaded and shot roughly 5k of them for IDPA matches. My usual loads are either 2.7 of titegroup or 3.0 of vv n320 @1.14 oal. Very very soft shooting. They do make some pressure judging by the primer but it's nothing unsafe as long as I do my part checking brass before loading.

The nice thing is 9mm has a bunch of metal surrounding it. Even if it exceeds the "limit" if one doesn't go crazy they will be fine. No proof loads for this heavy loading though. :becky:

The nice thing is 9mm has a bunch of metal surrounding it. Even if it exceeds the "limit" if one doesn't go crazy they will be fine. No proof loads for this heavy loading though. :becky:

Yeah it's not a "safe" load so to speak but it works very well for my specific purpose, aside from titegroup turning the guts of your gun into a coal mine.

VV doesn't even list 310 in anything heavier than 124 I think

it's a very quick powder similar to Bullseye... best to stick with slower powers just based on VV's data you can look at online

Back
Top Bottom