Anyone here have an Assault Ladder?

According to the CDC website, in 2009 (most recent full data available) there were 11,493 firearm related homicides. In the same year, there were 24,792 deaths from unintentional falls, 34,485 deaths from motor vehicle accidents, and 31,758 unintentional poisoning deaths. Dang Assault Ladders...

BAMAFAN, I understand your reasoning behind your analogy but they do not co-relate. Let me start off by saying that I am an avid firearms/right to bear arms supporter and am completely against any ban of any weaponry to the non-disqualified individuals.

Now the 11,493 firearm related homicides/assaults that resulted in deaths were due to both intentional and unintentional homicides. The intentional of course being illegal (if not in a manner of HD or SD). As a Safety Investigator for the USAF I can tell you that both unintentional falls from ladders and "unintentional" poisoning deaths are not crimes and therefore should not be compared. What SHOULD be compared is the third part of your statement (motor vehicle accidents). According to the CDC and the NHTSA, in 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes (10,759 in 2009), accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. This is not saying that all 10,228 people were drunk, they could have been killed by a drunk; however, those that were drinking don't get their motor vehicles permanently removed from their possession. They are afforded the opportunity to retrieve their vehicle at a later date (if it has been impounded). This is the type of information that needs to go to Dianne Feinstein (sp) because as I recall, a DUI IS a crime and alcohol-related anything alone attributes to just as many deaths if not more.

Final note: A firearm fully loaded sitting on a table is not dangerous nor a threat...it's the act of an individual holding it and activating a series of muscles in their brain and hand that potentially results in injury. This is the same for a car.

Maybe I'm being too analytical...idk...not intended to stir any pots

Back
Top Bottom