• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone know if Tenn recognizes my GA carry permit?

cantoncmd

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
Anyone know if Tenn recognizes my GA carry permit? Wife and I (both have our GFL's) are going to Chatanooga for the weekend in October. This crap in Memphis has me wondering if we should just go to Helen like we usually do. We are not into Octoberfest, and our anniversary is the 19th, so we are usually surrounded by drunk swingers whenever we go into town for dinner. (So if you guys want to know a good place to meet swingers in October, Helen is the place to go.)

Note to self, go to Helen in October..... Lol when in TN their "no guns allowed" signs carry weight with them unlike GA's (or is what I've been told) so just be mindful of that.

• These states recognize South Carolina permits:
  • Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho (enhanced Idaho pemit only), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming
  • South Carolina recognizes permits from:
  • Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho (enhanced Idaho pemit only), Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming
Source: http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/south-carolina.aspx

Tenn. has reciprocity with GA on their permits. However, you need to pay attention to the specifics. Their exceptions are very different and even though your permit is accepted, there are still ways to be outside the law. Example, as stated above, the no guns signs carry the weight of the law.

Anyone know if Tenn recognizes my GA carry permit? Wife and I (both have our GFL's) are going to Chatanooga for the weekend in October. This crap in Memphis has me wondering if we should just go to Helen like we usually do. We are not into Octoberfest, and our anniversary is the 19th, so we are usually surrounded by drunk swingers whenever we go into town for dinner. (So if you guys want to know a good place to meet swingers in October, Helen is the place to go.)

Believe me i know we are in Helen a lot. We stayed the weekend last Octoberfest.

Back
Top Bottom