• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know where I can get a brass punch locally?

weird on my end it doesn't show in stock. I'm just gonna run out there tomorrow and if they dont have one then i'll try harbor freight even though their site only shows ordinary punches. Last resort is to use Kahrnut Kahrnut suggestion!
I didn't think they would work good either. I got tired of beating stuff up in the shop with my brass punches one day. I went out and found an old dry looking hardwood pallet. Smashed a piece off with a hammer then trimmed the end off with a hacksaw and dressed it on the grinder. Best punch ever. I have various shapes and sizes in the tool box now. Use them to install bearings, seals, and to knock out bolts so the threads don't get buggered.

I didn't think they would work good either. I got tired of beating stuff up in the shop with my brass punches one day. I went out and found an old dry looking hardwood pallet. Smashed a piece off with a hammer then trimmed the end off with a hacksaw and dressed it on the grinder. Best punch ever. I have various shapes and sizes in the tool box now. Use them to install bearings, seals, and to knock out bolts so the threads don't get buggered.

I left my vice at the other property but I am definitely going to give this wooden dowel "punch" a try! Wish me luck. Thank you bud.

Back
Top Bottom