• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know where I can get a brass punch locally?

I did! Its hitting 2 1/4 inches to the left. I need to drift the rear sight right. I hit it on the left and nothing. Might be time to just take it to a gunsmith. Thats two 10/22s that I have had that would not budge. I am not taking any chances on this one. Hell I might scope it at this point.
Definitely check the v-block torque and make sure your extractor and extractor slot on barrel are in timing (lined up)
2.25" off, dang.
Newer model?
Quality has slipped when they skipped to the 800-***** serial and newer.

Definitely check the v-block torque and make sure your extractor and extractor slot on barrel are in timing (lined up)
2.25" off, dang.
Newer model?
Quality has slipped when they skipped to the 800-***** serial and newer.

Its a 10/22 takedown made in 2014. Brand new condition when I received it just a week or two ago.
Because its a takedown model it doesn't use the traditional v-block. It uses a locking block mechanism.

Its a 10/22 takedown made in 2014. Brand new condition when I received it just a week or two ago.
Because its a takedown model it doesn't use the traditional v-block. It uses a locking block mechanism.
Yeah, TD model can be a PITA, even with optics since the optics are not on the barrel.

My TD 22s are Browning and Norinco.
Those both have barrel mounted optics so taking it down and then reassembly doesn't effect the sighting.

Hey guys I need a brass punch to drift my front sight on my 10/22. Shoots left and needs to go right. I don't want to damage the site by using any ordinary punch. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Thank you :D

Handy hardware in Tucker has the punches

Just about any ACE hardware has sold brass dowels and bar stock - I cut down these and use them

I
I did! Its hitting 2 1/4 inches to the left. I need to drift the rear sight right. I hit it on the left and nothing. Might be time to just take it to a gunsmith. Thats two 10/22s that I have had that would not budge. I am not taking any chances on this one. Hell I might scope it at this point.
know that with some sights with “tapered dovetails” do drift one direction left to right to loosen right to left tighten

Try a propane torch-heat around the sight base slowly heating it up and giving the sight a nice whack with your drift punch at intervals while heating.

Back
Top Bottom