• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know where I can get a brass punch locally?

And all adjustment is out of the rear sight?

When you say it needs to go right...are you talking the poi or sight?

I'd think it would be a little easier just bumping the rear sight base to the right a tad if it is out of adjustment.

Hey guys I need a brass punch to drift my front sight on my 10/22. Shoots left and needs to go right. I don't want to damage the site by using any ordinary punch. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Thank you :D
Academy sports has a brass punch kit at lest in Hiriam ga location or just use a wooden dowel for quick fix if using small dowel 1/8” keep it short like 2-3 “ so doesn't deflect the rod to much

Elite Pawn has a small set of gunsmith tools that contain punches. It’s not far from Covington and you’d have a set for the next time you need them.

They are actually my local gun store and favorite guys to go to! I went ahead and got some brass rods and an oak dowel to try out tonight :D One day i'll get an actual gunsmithing kit!

And all adjustment is out of the rear sight?

When you say it needs to go right...are you talking the poi or sight?

I'd think it would be a little easier just bumping the rear sight base to the right a tad if it is out of adjustment.

All but 2/6 of my 10/22s have only needed elevation adjustments. The last one I had I almost damaged the rifle trying to get the damn rear sight to drift. I used a punch and a 20oz hammer, nothing. All I did was leave a nasty dent on the side of the rear sight. Had to replace the whole unit. Thats why I want to try the front sight but after reading Rugers manual and others on the Ruger forums..everyone is suggesting to hit the rear sight. I am hoping this one is easier to move.

Academy sports has a brass punch kit at lest in Hiriam ga location or just use a wooden dowel for quick fix if using small dowel 1/8” keep it short like 2-3 “ so doesn't deflect the rod to much

I got an oak dowel today at Lowes! Gonna give it a wack tonight!

Back
Top Bottom