• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know where to get Blanton's bourbon?

Is it that good
It's very good yes. I don't think it's worth the hype nor the money that it goes for though no. It's sought after for being very good, being in movies, anthony bourdain saying it was his favorite bourbon, and because it was the original Single Barrel bourbon. All that said I feel like it's almost more of a status symbol or a bottle to say you have have it than anything.

Is it that good

Well, yes and no. Made by Buffalo Trace and it has a high rye mashbill. So, if you really love rye, you will love this. I am not a huge rye fan, but I do like it. I believe it to be a very good bourbon and is worth $60, but today it goes for $80, $90, $100 and up for a bottle. Frankly, in my opinion, there are a lot of good bourbons for less than $100 a bottle. So yes, it is good, and no I don't believe it is worth $100 a bottle. But hey, that is just my opinion, and what the heck do I know?

Just stumbled into this one. Afraid its going to be the best.

Attachments

• 20201223_163707.jpg
    20201223_163707.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 60
Just stumbled into this one. Afraid its going to be the best.

I have not had that one. I have regular Elijah Craig, Elijah Craig Toasted, and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. I love regular Elijah Craig. The toasted is OK, not as good as I expected. The Barrel Proof, well at 134.8 proof it takes a little to get used to but it is my favorite of the high proof bourbons. I will try and find one like yours and give us a review of yours when you try it.

Back
Top Bottom