• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone need a trust?

Well I think this is cool. I've thought about will maker but I also want a peace of mind while having a trust. To each there own though, I'll definatly look into this. Thanks for the heads up OS!

What laws do you think would change? The laws that created NFA items goes back to the 1930's, it would take an act of Congress to change them.

health care mandates hadn't been changed since the 60's until recently.

and i'm not arguing this because i'm a mod, but it is a matter of choice. there is plenty of information online for each person to make their own decisions. OS is just promoting a local service that is competitively priced with the "big name online" trust lawyer that is also giving some of the proceeds to keep this site running.

I will be using a free trust that I got online for my items. I looked at both sides and that is what I decided. others decide every day to pay lawyers much more than this for trust services.

to each his own

some people use car insurance that is cheaper, online only, and may or may not easily pay out if needed to be used.

others knowingly spend more to use a local agent that they can sit down with, call with questions, see face to face if there is a claim, and ask advice on changes if need be.

the trust issue falls in the same bucket to me. peace of mind is worth more to some than others.

and while the info on the items going to the government isn't black and white, if a inheritor does not know the laws or that an item is a NFA registered item (does everyone in your extended family know that a 14" ar is diferent than a 16"?) then they may not take the appropriate steps to transfer it and it could end up being confiscated.
having a lawyer in the mix could make it easier since they would know what steps have to be taken to keep it legally

So would a simple hand written letter and Form 5 stored with the NFA items that says "When I die these are yours, fill out this Form and send it to the ATF" bam $200 saved.

So would a simple hand written letter and Form 5 stored with the NFA items that says "When I die these are yours, fill out this Form and send it to the ATF" bam $200 saved.

assuming that it always stays in the same place and is discovered right away maybe. but it's up to each person to decide this

you can also present your own defense in a criminal/civil trial or pay a lawyer to do it.

AGAIN, I am not arguing which way is right, because "right" is different for each person. but there is no reason to slam what a person chooses; or believe only your way is the right way, and anything else is solely out to rip people off.

assuming that it always stays in the same place and is discovered right away maybe. but it's up to each person to decide this

you can also present your own defense in a criminal/civil trial or pay a lawyer to do it.

AGAIN, I am not arguing which way is right, because "right" is different for each person. but there is no reason to slam what a person chooses; or believe only your way is the right way, and anything else is solely out to rip people off.

After reading your post,the first thing comes to mind is "Jamie Hood case".hahhahahaha

What percentage of the $200 do you get for promoting this? Thousands and thousands of trust are made by Willmaker, there isn't a single instance where the ATF has not approved or gone after someone for using Willmaker. Lawyers are making a killing of people who think the way you do. What laws do you think would change? The laws that created NFA items goes back to the 1930's, it would take an act of Congress to change them.

They have a referral program so anyone who refers someone can get $20, which is awesome but not the reason I brought it up. While you may feel comfortable with doing a trust through will maker, others may not. Why does it make you so mad?

There are many things in life where we can choose to pay someone to do something or we can venture into it ourselves. An example could be working on your car. If something is broken I can try and fix it myself or I can pay a mechanic to do it for me.

They have a referral program so anyone who refers someone can get $20, which is awesome but not the reason I brought it up. While you may feel comfortable with doing a trust through will maker, others may not. Why does it make you so mad?

There are many things in life where we can choose to pay someone to do something or we can venture into it ourselves. An example could be working on your car. If something is broken I can try and fix it myself or I can pay a mechanic to do it for me.

It makes me mad that people are so ignorant of NFA laws that they will blindly hand over $200 or even $500 to a lawyer who uses a generic form that is nearly identical to Willmaker and uses scare tactics based on no merit to fleece people out of $$$$

It makes me mad that people are so ignorant of NFA laws that they will blindly hand over $200 or even $500 to a lawyer who uses a generic form that is nearly identical to Willmaker and uses scare tactics based on no merit to fleece people out of $$$$
I had a lawyer to create my trust. Imagine my anger when I received it and it was nothing more than a damn brown form that I could have printed off the Internet for free and entered my information into. Keep in mind I used a highly rated often recommended firearms attorney. If I had to do it over again I would use will maker or simply print the brown form myself. The only saving grace was I got him to throw the trust in for free when I was paying him 2 grand for other legal services.

Back
Top Bottom