• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone notice that very few pistols are actually selling?

I'm curious, are you talking about polymer framed weapons, when you mention "another plastic gun" or is this some other reference that I'm not getting?
Yes, what else would I mean? And by the way I wasn't bashing them either. They are a superb tool but how many claw hammers do you need to own ... Easy for a serious shooter to wind up owning way too many polymer guns but don't expect to get your money back out of them or those upgrades... especially right now.

The prices are on ODT for used handguns are often higher than new ones or used ones at pawn shops.

No idea on how people price stuff. I list stuff for 50% what others do and still have have a hard time selling........

I think some people here just want 80% off, and then flip it, seems like we might be 50% hobby people and 50% flippers (I made it up but it sounded good to me haha)

Haven't been on ODT in a while but have noticed guns sitting around longer at my local stops, both in AL and GA. Not just pistols but everything. The extra COVID money really made a difference in my area. Prices starting to come down too, at least on certain things.

Finally got a micro for edc. MAN, should’a done this a long time ago, COMFY!!! Haven’t shot the last 4 pistols I picked up. Can’t wait till the GrandBoy gets old enough to go with me. I think he’s learning a little about laser bore sighting?

But are ammo prices dropping?
I've seen some drops. Depends on caliber and area. I remember during the Sandy Hook/2nd Term scare of 12-16 9mm was pricey but .40 was dirt cheap and readily available. .40 has been kinda silly at times until recently. Have seen some good deals here and there, and accounting for inflation probably ends up being less than it was a few years ago in some cases.

Some of it depends on what's on the market. The flood of Ethiopian and Italian surplus Carcanos took 6.5 from being regularly available from Prvi at 15-20 a box max to just silly numbers when you can even find ammo. I did pay more for some 7.62x51 last year than I'd have to pay for it right now, but not significantly more. Would say the oddball calibers haven't dropped because production hasn't caught up yet. Everyone was too busy making core calibers the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom