• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone using ultrasonics to clean?

Cleaning jewelry is one of the most popular uses for ultrasonic cleaners.

Only with the fake ones for sale cheap for "jewelry cleaning", that don't actually work as US cleaners (they buzz and that agitates the solution, from my experience many years ago). You're taking a huge risk putting gems, even diamonds, in an ultrasonic cleaner that actually works.

Millions of articles about this. For example: https://www.jewelrynotes.com/what-jewelry-you-should-not-put-in-an-ultrasonic-cleaner/

Mine also blew the plating off an eyeglass frame. I don't do that anymore; the glasses cost a lot more than the US cleaner... I can only imagine the horror at destroying a diamond worth "three months salary" or whatever. Never mind pearls, opals, emeralds, rubies-- which are very likely to be damaged by a working US.

I've been going back and forth with ultrasonic or tumbler with stainless media. This was a good read thanks for the info

The pins will get your brass so clean that it will hang up on your expander (Dillon expander/powder die, etc.). I won't buy pin-cleaned brass ever again. Slows my reloading WAY down.

Back
Top Bottom