• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apparent new ups policy...NO FIREARMS PARTS SHIPPING UNLESS FROM HUB

Box themand take them to Mail Etc! UPS stores are stupid like that. My store won't ship guns but Mail Etc will using the same UPS driver. Hell Mail Etc will even wrap and pack them and hand them to the same UPS driver. UPS stores are run by simpletons.

Much cheaper to put it in a flat rate box ($5-6) and drop it at the post office, or even have it picked up in your mailbox by the USPS.

You can always ship sporting goods UPS no questions asked.

A UPS stores have never accepted "Firearms" for shipping, you always had to take it the hub, declare the contents, and ship it overnight. This policy, at least what I was told, is to cut down on theft. Since UPS stores are not UPS, but rather franchisees, UPS doesn't want the extra liability if the gun comes up missing somewhere between the store and the hub. Sounds like with all the crap going on lately, UPS or the UPS store owners just want to wash their hands of any responsibility of handling anything firearm related.

That's f*#@ed up! I worked for UPS for 15 years, part time loading trucks and full time as a driver. The ammount of illegal stuff (drugs, money for drugs, etc..) that is shipped through the system is unreal. We would find these items on a regular basis due to boxes being damaged or problems with addresses. If I were you, I would package the mags myself, go to another store, and have no worries. On the description of goods write something like Magpul adaptors or just leave it blank. Every package is automatically insured for up to $100. Anything over $100 has to have a declared value and a pretty good description of the item to get paid back due to loss or damage. I really hate you had all of that hassle.

What part of this do ppl. not understand?

Back
Top Bottom