• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apparently the child molester laws in GA are so LAX that this guy is out before 3yrs

Pathetic, you get more time for having some cocaine.
I have been in a court room and have seen people get probation for felonious possession of cocaine, pretty much, first time offenders in GA will almost ALWAYS get their sentence in Probation until they reoffend, So if you were caught with X ounces of cocaine, you spend that time in probation if you're a first time offender.

The war on drugs allowed for the militarization of our police departments, fat budgets for prosecutors, and a prison system for profit; keeping children safe from molesters, not so much. With that said, it's always nice to know where our governments priorities lie when they go after our guns in the name of that "one child".

Powerful stuff

Peeing on the sidewalk gets you on the list? Seriously? This is where I have issues with government; a law starts out with good intentions, then is morphed into a dragnet that catches those who pose no threat for no other reason than political gain.

ya this can happen

depends on the cop and the judge

Peeing on the sidewalk gets you on the list? Seriously? This is where I have issues with government; a law starts out with good intentions, then is morphed into a dragnet that catches those who pose no threat for no other reason than political gain.
Not unless you did it at the park, or school yard.

I believe there is a 25 year mandatory minimum for child molestation.....the judge has no choice but to give 25 years. I believe it was HB1059

It is asinine that our system does not sentence the group of offenders with by far the highest recidivism rate to longer sentences. I am talking about true sexual predators here - not the 19 year old who did the hibbity dibbity with a 15 year old.

If our justice system was truly set up to protect the public and to rehabilitate those who were salvageable, sexual predators would be given life sentences, or damn close to it, and all the money spent on incarcerating drug users would instead be spent on rehab programs.

I say string 'em up by the balls with a piano wire on the town square and hang there to rot.

While dangling over a low fire getting shot repeatedly in non lethal areas with high caliber air rifles! With an occasional salt dust to all open wounds.

it makes sense when you take into consideration the motive behind draconian punishment for non-violent offenses (cash money to the gov)

Bingo. You can look at 90% of the prioritized activities of law enforcement and the courts and see money in there somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom