• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR’s What brands to stay away from?

Now that I’ve opened the proverbial Pandora’s box; thank you all for the advice, opinions, and great information!
32 posts and no one has said you should be assembling an AK instead?

ODT be slackin'...
Thought about that too! Is that a P-52 Mustang I see?

I’m the one that teaches the AR Builder’s / Armorer’s Course at TruPrep. Next one is September 10. https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/ar-builder’s-armorer’s-course-september-10-truprep-in-marietta.2843581/

If you’re looking at assembling it yourself, while staying in a budget, here’s some parts that I would recommend. You didn’t specify, so I’m assuming a 16” 5.56. If you want something different, let me know and I’ll see if that changes anything.

Aero Precision X15 receiver set. $165

Ballistic Advantage 16” Hanson profile barrel, midlength gas system, 1:7” twist, with pinned gas block. $199

Sionics full milspec BCG. $169

Aero LPK without FCG or grip. $45

Magpul MOE stock and pistol grip $50

Aero Precision H2 buffer kit (receiver extension, castle nut, receiver endplate, buffer spring, and H2 buffer). $59

BCM PNT (trigger), or similar. $60

BCM MCMR 15” rail. $179

A2 bird cage flash hider. $13

That’s a solid gun, when assembled properly. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it as a primary fighting carbine.

There is room to pare the price down a little bit, without sacrificing reliability. Using a USGI-type collapsible stock and pistol grip would reduce the cost by about $30.
Why the H2 buffer as opposed to an H buffer? Just curious.

Spend your money on the barrel ( Wilson, Balistic Advantage, Green Mountain, etc.)and a Larue MBT trigger if you are after accuracy. Toolcraft BCG and BCM handguard are next on the list of preferred items. Nothing wrong with the Anderson upper and lower receiver sets if you need to cut cost.

Now that I’ve opened the proverbial Pandora’s box; thank you all for the advice, opinions, and great information!

Thought about that too! Is that a P-52 Mustang I see?

P-40B Tomahawk

Purists will know that's a lie.

More like a P-40D/E/F/G model.

Who can keep up?

Back
Top Bottom