AR’s What brands to stay away from?

Funny you mentioned Anderson and PSA. Those are two I’ve heard to stay away from. seriously, I really don’t know is why I’m asking. Didn’t mean to open a can of 💩
From what little I know there must be 2 types of AR owners. Type 1 is full time operator/ instructor type that will burn through 5K rounds in a year. THAT type of guy probably needs a top tier rifle. Then there is Type 2 ( AKA ME) I can't afford the ammo the Type 1 guys burn through . Not to mention the rifle. So to ME ...if your rifle functions and runs through the amount of ammo you can afford to test it out with then I say THAT is the AR for YOU. If we were all " Going to war " tomorrow I wouldn't give my ARs a second look. I would grab my Yugo AK. But that's just me and I am no operator.

If you’re looking at buying a complete budget AR, every brand here will not be assembled properly, including Aero, Anderson, PSA, BCA, etc.

If you know what you’re doing, you can disassemble, then properly reassemble it.

You can assemble a good AR from scratch using brands like PSA and Anderson, but then it’s more important that you know what you’re doing, so that you can look for issues in the parts you are buying.

I’ve rebuilt and upgraded more than one AR for ODT members that started life as Andersons, PSAs, and the like. I was able to correct improper assembly, and replace out of spec/crap parts.

Any specific reason you want to build one? Never done it and want the experience? Able to set it up the way you want from the start?
Don't forget you need tools. And I know someone will post that they can build one while watching American Idol on their couch with a pair of channel locks but that isn't the way I built any of mine.
I was thinking about building another lately because it's been a while but just decided to buy a Colt 6920 OEM, throw some Magpul furniture on it from my spares box, carry handle sight, sling and flashlight and call it a day.

Any specific reason you want to build one? Never done it and want the experience? Able to set it up the way you want from the start?
Don't forget you need tools. And I know someone will post that they can build one while watching American Idol on their couch with a pair of channel locks but that isn't the way I built any of mine.
I was thinking about building another lately because it's been a while but just decided to buy a Colt 6920 OEM, throw some Magpul furniture on it from my spares box, carry handle sight, sling and flashlight and call it a day.

Needle nose plyers, a hammer, and a 12 pack is really all you need to do some smiffin.

I’m thinking about building an AR in the future and wanted fellow ODT members opinions on what AR brands to stay away from. Looking at basic AR Platform (lower price) and adding accessories.
Just make sure whomever gives you advice has their flip up sights on correctly.

1658281196565.jpeg
1658281237968.jpeg
1658281222987.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom