• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR’s What brands to stay away from?

bear in chair meme.gif

I like the ones they want to ban... but ok... This is my opinion it is not based on fact but purely extrapolated information gleaned from the inter webbed best armchair warriors.

ATI
Olympic Arms
Bushmaster (they used to be good)
Remington
Anything with a Plastic Lower
Anything that doesn't claim MILSPEC.
Anything that isn't Chrome lined.

Just Get a PSA Gun with FN barrel and be done with it.

Should have named this thread " Calling all AR snobs" or maybe " Gucci AR Whores chime in..." or maybe " Where's all my Anderson/SPA haters ?"
Funny you mentioned Anderson and PSA. Those are two I’ve heard to stay away from. seriously, I really don’t know is why I’m asking. Didn’t mean to open a can of 💩

I’m thinking about building an AR in the future and wanted fellow ODT members opinions on what AR brands to stay away from. Looking at basic AR Platform (lower price) and adding accessories.
When you say build what do you mean? Marrying a fully assembled lower to a fully assembled upper, then slapping a BCG and CH in it? Or, going all in and building from stripped assemblies and installing your own barrel?

That can drive what you do. Personally; if you don't operate, are low speed - high drag, and/or getting to know the platform; I believe PSA with an FN barrel is good to go.

Back
Top Bottom