• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 help

I guess he forgot to mention, it will be his third backup, also for the every now and then varmit in the back yard. Right Bro? CAK CAK
I knew I can count on all of you for some good food for thought. I will ponder this and take it all in and make my choice.. Thanks for all the advice it was in fact good and informative...

I second the good set of Irons for home defense. Keep them flipped up and practice with them. If you must have an optic, I would run an Aimpoint Pro. Turn it on and leave it on. The drawback to some of the cheaper optics, even the Eotech is the battery life/battery protection mode. In a sleepy haze the last thing you want to try to do is fiddle with a button or switch ( except the safety) trying to get an optic to come on. Irons and a good bright light, you shouldnt shoot what you cant identify, nothing to fiddle with. Its like a camera, light it up, point, and shoot.

Big Mike, he did say that didn't cost and arm and a leg. The Aim Point is the pinnacle of that optic platform. There are plenty of good options out there that will do what he needs it for at a much lower price point.

".So i need some experienced help before purchasing one...one that doesn't cost an arm, leg and several toes but is functional.."

Where can I find me some cheap aimpoints?

It is worth mentioning that you will more than likely experience a slight star burst effect ( meaning the dot won't be a perfect little dot ) but nothing that will inhibit you from making the shot. If that bothers you then Aim Point is going to have to be the one. On some. I have one's that have a hint of one then get another that almost perfect.

Big Mike, he did say that didn't cost and arm and a leg. The Aim Point is the pinnacle of that optic platform. There are plenty of good options out there that will do what he needs it for at a much lower price point.

You can snag a used aimpoint pro for about $300. If your life could be on the line, how cheap do you want it? As far a proven quality optics go, $300 to $400 bucks is no where near an arm or leg, its the bottom end of the rung.

Back
Top Bottom