• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR-15 help

There is definitely excellent reasons to buy the best. The way I have my home defense set up is Sight Mark ultra shot for low light aiming. I also have flip up buis sights. One more just for extra security and that's Streamlight TLR-4 light/laser combo. I just took to the range the other day and every sighting system is still right on the money. I tried the BUIS first. Then I just co-witnessed the other systems just by eye and there still on the money. Then I tested the red dot (check). Then I tested the laser ( check ). So really I have so many back ups I reallu don't think an Aim Point is gong to make it any difference.

Let's discuss this for a moment. I am a God fearing man. Not the best of Christian examples but I believe he looks out for me. If someone does break in it's either going to go two ways if he intends to do harm. It's going to be me or him. Now way around it. If it's my time it's my time. I could have a rifle straight off the shelf of the Navy Seal teams arsenal rack. God is going to take me when he want's to. No doubt it. Now that doesn't mean I am not going to prepare for that situation because it just may be his day. So I think my little set up will do just fine. I have a real nice 4 inch 357 revolver to keep me secure until I get to my decked out 6.8 with some jacked up hand loads that bucks like a .308. Needless to say if it's his day he is going to have a hum dinger of one. That you can bank on.

P.M. I am working on the recoil of that 6.8 as we speak. I have a real good comp in the mail and that doesn't work a gas regulator will be in order. Maybe a heavier buffer just have to see how each works out.

Back
Top Bottom