• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR 15 problems

Trade into an AK:cool-new:

www.fictionews.com_images_stories_45.jpg

Mine took about 150 rounds to smooth out. It would fail to fully close battery, and would have to use the foward assist.
Now it will eat any thing I feed it.

While we're on the subject. One of my ar's acted the same way the other day. It would shoot fine for a few rounds, then going would have to load it manually. It did eject the shell.

Some steel case is lacquer coated and in some tight tolerance AR's the heated steel case sheds small amounts of that lacquer which builds up creating ejection and possibly feed problems. I've had ARs that had no problems with steel case and one that became a single shot that had to be "rodded off the range" after every shot to eject the casing. I'm actually surprised you are having feed but not ejection issues. I've read that steel case also responds differently under the heat and pressure. Steel cases expand like brass when the round fires but the steel contracts back to original size more slowly than brass making the casing hang in the chamber a millisecond longer than brass. Steel being much less malleable than brass is also one reason I believe that re-loading it is not supposed to be a good idea.

Hello guys and gals,

I saved, did my research and purchase a Sig Sauer M400. Beautiful gun, came with a CP1 rifle scope. Yesterday I sighted it in with a friend for the first time. He is active military and has a bushmaster with a 3x9x42 scope. I was able to shoot tighter groups then him at 100 yards, but after 30 rounds I started to have feed problems. I started shooting with the stock magazine and cheap wolf ammo no problem for 30 rounds. We would both shoot 3 rounds then check the target. I switched to my pmags, both 30 round and 10 round magazines and my expensive hunting ammo. The problem did not change. After firing the next round would not cycle into the chamber. After every shot I had to cock the gun to fire again. I plan on cleaning it today, but it was clean yesterday. Any suggestion?

Without pictures or a better description, we can only guess what is going on. I would put my money on short stroking. The gun likely needs to be broken in. Best way to do this is apply plenty of lubrication and run good 5.56 ammo for the first few hundred rounds.

I have a DPMS and have no problems , It has a 1;9 16" barrel and will shoot less than an inch at 100 , and will run 300 rounds in a row with no trouble, brake yours in!!!

Back
Top Bottom